Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

With the 620 only having 96 Cuda cores it will have a score similar to a CPU.

It's way to late for me to be messing with my Folders in the basement. What am I thinking???

Wish me luck...

It's way to late for me to be messing with my Folders in the basement. What am I thinking???

Wish me luck...
Your were thinking your numbers should be higher and you just couldn't take it anymore, you had to go take a look. :D

Reactions: Foxbat
Well, that, and I knew I had Ubuntu updates on both boxes. Also, being an Apple household with a lousy sense of timing, I had bought the generation of color laser printer just before the generation that had built-in AirPrint capabilities. To provide that, I bought a $99 box from Lantronix that provided AirPrint capabilities for a number of printers that didn't have it, like my HP CP1518ni.

The problem was I had a fantastic deal on a Canon B&W Laser FAX, Copier, Printer, and color Scanner, the imageCLASS MF4770n. No built-in AirPlay, but that's okay, right? I have this magical box that has over 8,000 different printer drivers. Well, except this Canon imageCLASS multifunctional unit, and the whole Canon imageCLASS line. The Canon is downstairs with the Mac Mini. Anyway, my wife wants to know why we can't print to the FAX unit from her iPad. So I tried a bunch of stuff and stumbled across CUPS.

Basically, by Folding on Ubuntu, I've had the solution to my AirPrint dilemma all long (like Dorothy in Oz). Log on to Ubuntu node. Go to CUPS home page //localhost:631. Click on Administer, then on the "Share Printers" button. Ta-Dah! Or so I thought.

Of course, the drivers aren't part of the Ubuntu distro, but I was able to download the Linux drivers for my MFP. Installing the Canon MF4770n on my Folding box now makes it available to AirPrint. Turns out, Lantronix was using a version of CUPS all along. And, more to the point, they have stopped selling the box, with support ending next year. So, configuring and using CUPS on my Folding box makes even more sense.

The printing load should be minimal, so there should be zero impact to my Folding efforts.

KE4EST said:
..then we take on Russia!!
flag.gif
But we still need them to get to the ISS (for now) even if their automated docking system gets confused by the cargo module.

Under eleven hours now to pass Overclockers.UA... Russia in seven days.

I know most of you guys only use your folding PCs for folding so maybe you haven't experienced this. I use mine for other things like work and gaming though. My PC is set to wake at 4:00AM every day and then has a 5 hour sleep timer. I did this because I want to help with folding but like I said before I'm not into the energy use that comes with folding 24/7. With 2 GTX 970s this is typically enough time for each of them to finish a WU every day and make some progress on a second one.

For the first week or so this was all working fine. I was folding automatically for about 5 hours per day and I when I was using the PC to do some internet browsing or work. The only time I ever paused it was when I wanted to play a game.

For the last few days I have been having a problem with crashed drivers though. Every time I try to open Firefox while folding I get an error message saying my Nvidia driver has crashed and recovered. This doesn't seem to have any effect on folding. It doesn't even pause, but I also get an error message in Firefox and it fails to launch. I can no longer open Firefox without pausing the folding client every single time. As soon as I pause everything goes back to normal.

I have Geforce Experience so I am always notified when new Nvidia drivers are available since that is important for gaming. I am running the latest driver and Windows 10 with the latest version of Firefox. Anyone have any ideas? This is starting to get very annoying and I was tempted to uninstall the folding client last night.

I know most of you guys only use your folding PCs for folding so maybe you haven't experienced this. I use mine for other things like work and gaming though. My PC is set to wake at 4:00AM every day and then has a 5 hour sleep timer. I did this because I want to help with folding but like I said before I'm not into the energy use that comes with folding 24/7. With 2 GTX 970s this is typically enough time for each of them to finish a WU every day and make some progress on a second one.

For the first week or so this was all working fine. I was folding automatically for about 5 hours per day and I when I was using the PC to do some internet browsing or work. The only time I ever paused it was when I wanted to play a game.

For the last few days I have been having a problem with crashed drivers though. Every time I try to open Firefox while folding I get an error message saying my Nvidia driver has crashed and recovered. This doesn't seem to have any effect on folding. It doesn't even pause, but I also get an error message in Firefox and it fails to launch. I can no longer open Firefox without pausing the folding client every single time. As soon as I pause everything goes back to normal.

I have Geforce Experience so I am always notified when new Nvidia drivers are available since that is important for gaming. I am running the latest driver and Windows 10 with the latest version of Firefox. Anyone have any ideas? This is starting to get very annoying and I was tempted to uninstall the folding client last night.
Did you happen to have a Windows 10 update install recently? It may have overwritten the Nvidia driver. I had to download the latest Nvidia driver and reinstall after a Win 10 update. My system, video wise, has been much more stable since.

Did you happen to have a Windows 10 update install recently? It may have overwritten the Nvidia driver. I had to download the latest Nvidia driver and reinstall after a Win 10 update. My system, video wise, has been much more stable since.

I suppose that's possible but I have been playing graphically intensive games on this PC and even using SLI. Folding also appears to be working at its normal speed.

I doubt that stuff would work correctly with some generic Windows driver but I will double check my installed driver number when I get home tonight.

I suppose that's possible but I have been playing graphically intensive games on this PC and even using SLI. Folding also appears to be working at its normal speed.

I doubt that stuff would work correctly with some generic Windows driver but I will double check my installed driver number when I get home tonight.
My folding was working correctly but when I would use Firefox or IE, things would start getting screwy. Reinstalling the video driver cleared things up.

My folding was working correctly but when I would use Firefox or IE, things would start getting screwy. Reinstalling the video driver cleared things up.

That actually gives me some hope because I thought it would be more complicated than that. I guess I'll be reinstalling my drivers tonight.

Also, If Microsoft starts messing with graphics drivers every time they update Windows 10 they are going to have a hard time getting PC gamers to upgrade from older versions of Windows. I already know a few people who were planning on waiting until the last couple weeks the upgrade is free because they were worried it would mess up their gaming experience.

I did it right away because I like new stuff and I thought we would be seeing DirectX 12 games by now but that hasn't been the case so far.

102 now. Russia (101) in 5.2 days, Folding wolves (100) in 1.7 weeks. There's 2 weeks left in the month. It's looking as if we will be on the first page by the end of the year. :bday

Woo-hoo!!! Plus, I am Folding a pair of Core 17 GPU projects which pump up the Points! Christmas came a week early to my Folders...

Reactions: Voyager6
Roland you should also be hitting the BIG 100M by the end of the year!!!

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming