Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

My T7400 should be here today. Would have been here yesterday, but ice storms in Asheville, brought the city to a halt yesterday.
That will bring a couple more GPU's back on-line.
I will see what the CPU's produce for a couple of days with the T7400.

My T7400 should be here today. Would have been here yesterday, but ice storms in Asheville, brought the city to a halt yesterday.
That will bring a couple more GPU's back on-line.
I will see what the CPU's produce for a couple of days with the T7400.
It looks like I am getting between 16 to 20K per day from the CPU's. I have it set for 6 cores. About 300K from the GTX980.

I see your twisted logic now, talking me out of the GTX 980 Ti card! I'm almost down in #7 position in Points production. I thought I'd be able to break 500K PPD, but I keep on coming up just a little short. I could have been crushing it with the 980 Ti, but no, I had to listen to logic!

#90! Way to Fold, Team! I suppose it's time for a new Avatar...

With all this extra Folding awesomeness we're now #29 in daily Points production. Remember BadBirdies? They're #43. Bye-bye, Birdies!

We also passed 1,100,000,000 Points!

Reactions: Voyager6 and samy60
BTW setting up the T7400 right now. Faster than I thought it would be. I mean the system in general, have not started folding with it yet. Oh did I mention, LOUD VERY LOUD. Once I have it setup I will back off on all these fans running wide open in it.

Reactions: Foxbat and samy60
I suppose I can live with this for now. :)
655KaDay.jpg

We have high winds in the area and right after I had rebooted the T7400 (I'm still trying to fix my Folding Slots) the power blipped out and back on. I figured that everything would come back up, but my T7400 stayed down. A quick trip to the basement found the Dell in Max Fan mode and D1, D3, and D4 Diagnostic LEDs lit. I had to pull the power for a minute to clear the computer. When it came back up, it was missing the Checkpoints and so everything started over again from 0! A few minutes later and I would have a been okay. Lucky me, and I'm falling even further behind!

Bam! Lights out again! And another lost WU! Grrr™

(yeah, yeah, I know, I should have my Folders on a UPS. I should, but I don't...)

Last edited:
BTW setting up the T7400 right now. Faster than I thought it would be. I mean the system in general, have not started folding with it yet. Oh did I mention, LOUD VERY LOUD. Once I have it setup I will back off on all these fans running wide open in it.
Make sure the side panel is closed before start-up. Otherwise, you get a thermal compromise error that triggers the fans to high. And they sure are loud on high speed.

Reactions: Foxbat
Make sure the side panel is closed before start-up. Otherwise, you get a thermal compromise error that triggers the fans to high. And they sure are loud on high speed.
Yes, that is what it was, I had the cover off at first.
Plus, having to hit F1 to continue every time.

I agree with others, this arms race is really heating up. :confused: Add a second 970, double my production, get myself up to second place, and a week later I'm back down to fifth. :eek: What's that about pride and a fall? :p At least it's for a good cause and the team is doing exceptionally well. Kudos to all :clapping

Less than 20 hours away from Portugal@Folding and Position #89! Man, once we broke into the Top 100, we're climbing through the ranks, one Team after another falling in our wake.

I'm home with The Grunge™ so I saw on opportunity to shut everything down on my T7400 one more time and this time I blew away the Work directory along with the queue.db file. After rebooting and starting up my Folders, I believe everything appears to be in-synch Slot-wise as a result of yesterday's rearranging of cards. As the GTX 970 is a full-length card and the GTX 750 Ti is half-length, I swapped their positions so the 750 wasn't blocking half of the 970. I also moved my monitor over to the GTX 750 Ti so the GTX 970 is 100% dedicated to Folding.

Things look much better now. The 750 Ti is now somewhere between 50-60K PPD where I'd expect it to be, and the 970 is guesstimated right under 300K PPD:
Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 7.27.32 PM.png

(of course, now I have to wait a few days for everything to settle down into a rhythm, so this two-three day stretch may be a little light)

Reactions: samy60
I was thinking about getting a GTX 750 Ti or another 960. It looks like the 750 TI uses way less power. I need to start looking along those lines now. Electric bill has jumped $25 a month so far.
Do you think I would be losing much by going the 750 Ti route?

Last edited: