Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I was thinking about getting a GTX 750 Ti or another 960. It looks like the 750 TI uses way less power. I need to start looking along those lines now. Electric bill has jumped $25 a month so far.
Do you think I would be losing much by going the 750 Ti route?
The GTX750ti is powered by the bus and does not need additional power. However, it is not in the same class as a GTX9XX. Expect to get between 50 to 70K PPD from a 750ti. It is a great addition to a machine with a second PCI-e slot but has a small PSU.

Well shoot! I got the Corsair liquid CPU cooler today and the cold plate is to big for my board. It hits the caps or the hinge for the CPU lock down and won't set flat on the CPU. :( But on the bright side I did the full treatment with the Artic Silver compound and prep chemicals on the Zalman air cooler and brought the CPU temp down to 55°C @ 100% load. Just hope the new GPUs don't add too much ambient temp for the CPU cooler to handle.

Congratulations to Scott! His SatelliteGuys account just passed 20,000,0000 Points!

...and Samy60 has whipped past 7,000,000 Points (and probably 8,000,000 by the time I post this!)

darwin and Magic_Static are just days away from becoming the next SatelliteGuys Points Millionaires!

The Team now has five Folders exceeding 500,000 PPD. With all this power, we're now #27 of all teams in daily Points production!
WAY TO FOLD!!!!!

Hey Scott, is there any way to decrease the cache time on our linked images in our Sigs? I notice that mine still shows the Team as #90 and with 1,109,586,905 points, but we're currently #89 with 1,116,405,420 points. Now, granted, we're cranking out over 6,000,000 PPD so my image may only be 24-36 hours old, but it still looks weird to post Milestone Achievements and have conflicting data in the Sig.
Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 10.52.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 10.52.17 AM.png

Thanks!

Wow, SatGuys is really moving now. We did nearly 39 Million Points last week and have 87 Million Points so far this month. :clapping
Yeah, even though February is the shortest month, several of us have had our most productive month ever! And with over a week to go, too!

I'm trying to figure out what Scorpy added to jump up over 500K PPD. It must have been a GTX 980 Ti. Even with that, he can't keep up with Joshua M!

Reactions: Joshua M
Yeah, even though February is the shortest month, several of us have had our most productive month ever! And with over a week to go, too!

I'm trying to figure out what Scorpy added to jump up over 500K PPD. It must have been a GTX 980 Ti. Even with that, he can't keep up with Joshua M!
He definitely kicked it into overdrive.
production_day.php

Reactions: samy60 and Foxbat
Hey Scott, is there any way to decrease the cache time on our linked images in our Sigs? I notice that mine still shows the Team as #90 and with 1,109,586,905 points, but we're currently #89 with 1,116,405,420 points. Now, granted, we're cranking out over 6,000,000 PPD so my image may only be 24-36 hours old, but it still looks weird to post Milestone Achievements and have conflicting data in the Sig.
View attachment 114184 View attachment 114185
Thanks!

It is currently set for 12 hours.

Reactions: Foxbat

Unless somebody adds a whole bunch of fire power nobody keeping up with Joshua M.
I added a 970 to the fold so I might move up one spot maybe two, and that's a big maybe. Fold on Sat Guys

I got the GTX960 installed and moved the GTX750ti to the T7400 Monster Folder. Looks like there will be some good numbers overnight.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts