Journal of my two satellite dishes going up, beginning to the end

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the first person who speaks loses

Remember what I said, the first person who speaks loses.

Fred, Yes I remember you saying that too. In fact, the first time we chatted on AOL Messenger was on the first. I gave a day without contacting her. She contacted me again on the 3rd. I left a transcript of what was said. Not the easiest to talk to. I was suppose to get a photo on the 2nd. Didn't get that till the 3rd. It's not easy when you ask a civil question and you get no response. In all likely hood it would be much better for me to haggle over a price when I was right there looking at the dish. I can see now the dish looks ok. Still it is more positive for me to wave the 10$ and 20$ in her face and make an offer that way. But when You ask for a phone number or an address and it falls on deaf ears. So when you say:

You will be in a much better bargaining position if you don't keep bugging them. Just my opinion. :)
How can you say that I'm bugging her when it seems that I can't get her to say anything about commitment and to come and take a look at it and go from there? No one is speaking, her or me since the 3rd. You really aren't saying I'm bugging her are you Fred? Because I'm not.

Thanks,
Tom

Sanford and Son's type of a truck

In some areas of Seattle, where I used to work, you might show up in a nice truck with tools and cash and end up without tools, truck or cash - you would only have a nasty headache. This one gives me a HUGE red flag.
Keep looking for real dish. This sounds like a lead pipe special!
Hello rv1pop,
Yeah I was going to take Freds advice:
BTW, don't drive up in your new truck. Borrow a broken down something to go see her in. Good luck! :)
I was planning on making the trip with some friends of mine in their work truck and trailer that they use to cut lawns down here. Its not pretty in primer paint and all so I think I would be safe there. Yeah I got this new truck and for the most part when I see people around me they have the same too. For this it looks like Sanford and Son's type of a truck. lol
Thanks,
Tom
PS. Thank you again Fred for mentioning that because that would have been a flag in there eyes.

You really aren't saying I'm bugging her are you Fred? Because I'm not.
I'm sorry, I was under the impression you were conversing every day. Such is not the case as I see now.

Either way, the ball is in her court. You can do nothing further until she contacts you with a phone number or an address.

I'm beginning to think it might be a setup as Pop suggests. I would be very cautious and take someone with you when you go.

Thank you for responding

I'm sorry, I was under the impression you were conversing every day. Such is not the case as I see now.

Either way, the ball is in her court. You can do nothing further until she contacts you with a phone number or an address.

I'm beginning to think it might be a setup as Pop suggests. I would be very cautious and take someone with you when you go.
Fred,
Thank you for responding. I do feel better now that is clear. That’s what is really bugging me is that something that should only take a half hour to talk about is dragging on so long because of the poor communication from them in not giving me any vital information, such as Phone Numbers or Address. Shot if I had an address I could look up her address and look for the Birdview Dish via MS Virtual Earth like I did when I was working on that dish with Al, remember? Yeah if I was going to go down there I would go with two buddies of mine in a beat up old Ford Truck and trailer. You said earlier in another post that most times you don't get a problem because you're over 6' tall and 280lbs. Well I'm 6'2'' and weigh in at 290lbs and use to be a Court Officer/Process Server/Bounty Hunter so I'm not too concerned about being scared off. I can also size people for who they are real quick too. I may not look like Iceberg but they do call me Bear! Lol

Anigriz3.gif

I don’t know if all of this is going to pan out with her in Miami. Did you get that Birdview that was mentioned a short time ago in Tennessee? I want a Birdview!
Thanks,
Tom

Hello djkurious,
Is that Birdview still available up there in TN? Don't really think the one in Miami is panning out for me.
Djkurious wrote either in this thread or an another one recently that it was still available.

It is a nice dish, but you will need to rent something to get it down. :)

Im not sure what the big deal is about those birdviews , the Paraclipse was just as heavy duty. only fault was it's buttonhook Feed support, and lack of H-H mount. which you really do not need a good fix for that button hook is guywire's will fix that movement and that birdview is a thick ass pole? is it hollow and thin wall'd?

chefwan, if you've ever been through a "Flopping", and lived to cry about it, then you should know what the "Big Deal" is for an H-H mount, which the Birdview has........
That alone, in and for itself, is more than enough for the Praise a Birdview (or any other H-H mounted dish) gets. And when it also stops where it's supposed to, and when the reflector gives the utmost performance output possible, then that is also something to Brag about....!!!!
Just my 2 cents.........

there's no way i'd give 400 dollars for one.

chefwan, if you've ever been through a "Flopping", and lived to cry about it, then you should know what the "Big Deal" is for an H-H mount, which the Birdview has........
That alone, in and for itself, is more than enough for the Praise a Birdview (or any other H-H mounted dish) gets. And when it also stops where it's supposed to, and when the reflector gives the utmost performance output possible, then that is also something to Brag about....!!!!
Just my 2 cents.........

there's no way i'd give 400 dollars for one.
Well........ I can't/won't say that. I remember giving $3200 for a 10' fiberglass dish with hand cranks and a tenna rotor to change the polarity. And it was worth every penny...!!!!!

And....... I had to install it myself, would have been $800 more for them to install.

I used an SWR (I think that's what it's called?) meter to find the satellites with.....

flopped dish

Just my 2 cents.........

I did it once going to far east. No big deal just don't try to bring it back without someone outside lifting "west" on the dish. It wont hurt anything as long as you don't strain the motor.

Miami Birdview was a mind game

Hi Fred,
You may be right that it was a set up. She sent me a message after I wrote to you and to Djkurious. From the conversation it sounded real promising. She told me she would get back to me the next day. I never heard one more word from her. It really bummed me out bad. I wanted a solid Birdview real bad too. Then I got word from Rob – Djkurious that there was one in TN. I needed some time for that so I could get my own trailer because I can’t use their trailer that would take them away from their lawn cutting business here in FL. I found one now and just need to pick it up today or tomorrow. I just wanted to thank you and everyone in giving me advice on the mind games that these people in Miami were playing on me. I also wanted to ask you about the Perforated Birdview Dish too. With the holes in the dish, can it still get a good KU-Band signal or are the holes to big? Or are the holes in it, are they like the same size as a mesh dish?

I hope that this Texas Birdview dish pans out for me. I’m wondering where in Texas it is since Texas is so big!!??

Thank you very much Fred and everyone!
Tom

:D

I also wanted to ask you about the Perforated Birdview Dish too. With the holes in the dish, can it still get a good KU-Band signal or are the holes to big? Or are the holes in it, are they like the same size as a mesh dish?
The performance is virtually the same on both the solid and the perforated Birdviews. The holes are just small enough that a #2 pencil will not pass through. The surrounding surface is not like wire. It is thicker and that is why it is perfed and not mesh.

Somewhere in the Birdview 2028 post, it says that solid is in Plano Texas. Don't know where that is, but google maps can tell you.

It is a shame about the one close to you if it ever existed. People do strange things sometimes.

Good luck on the one in Texas or the one in Nashville. :)

Thanks Fred

The performance is virtually the same on both the solid and the perforated Birdviews. The holes are just small enough that a #2 pencil will not pass through. The surrounding surface is not like wire. It is thicker and that is why it is perfed and not mesh.

Somewhere in the Birdview 2028 post, it says that solid is in Plano Texas. Don't know where that is, but google maps can tell you.

It is a shame about the one close to you if it ever existed. People do strange things sometimes.

Good luck on the one in Texas or the one in Nashville. :)
Thanks Fred, I sent a PM to the guy in Texas so I'm hoping it still there. Did he tell you what part of Texas? Its a big state! Just wondering for travel plans and all.
Thanks
Tom
:)

Oscar Night is like getting a Birdview

plano is north of dallas TX

Thank you JMC98 for the info. And Fred!! Thank you you did put it in your post and I must have read all around it because it was there right in front of me!!! Geez!!:eek: And Thank you Steve - Chefwan for telling me about this! I also know that Al is saying Good Luck Tom, Hope you get it! Thanks Al! Gee is this the Oscar Night? Maybe because to me getting a Birdview is like winning an Oscar! :cool:

All I can say is that this one looks like the real one for me. :hungry: After talking to a Motel owner saying his Birdview wasin good shape, Not! And the last one wanting all kinds of money and threatening if I didn't pay she would run a backhoe over it. :eek: Felt just like Chefwan when he went to get a certain dish andthe guy took a tractor and pulled it off and ruined it.

So anyway this is for REAL!! Got the Address, got the directions to get there. Now I'm waiting to hear from the guy if I can borrow the Dish Crane for this weekend and to see if I can have a buddy go with me too. I'm really hoping I can get the use of that Crane! and the help of a buddy or two. Other wise it will be me doing it. I'm not going to think it will be me by myself, don't want to set that idea in motion! Just waithing now to hear from my buddies and the Guy with the dish Crane. So there we are. I'll let you know more as the plans comes together. Keeping my Fingers crossed. Oh yeah I got a used trailer for this so I could get it.

Thanks again everyone,
Tom
:D

So anyway this is for REAL!! Got the Address, got the directions to get there. Now I'm waiting to hear from the guy if I can borrow the Dish Crane for this weekend and to see if I can have a buddy go with me too. I'm really hoping I can get the use of that Crane! and the help of a buddy or two. Other wise it will be me doing it. I'm not going to think it will be me by myself, don't want to set that idea in motion! Just waithing now to hear from my buddies and the Guy with the dish Crane. So there we are. I'll let you know more as the plans comes together. Keeping my Fingers crossed. Oh yeah I got a used trailer for this so I could get it.
You will need at least one more person besides yourself even with the dish crane. Maybe the owner can help you out.

Don't forget, you also need the OEM pole, or as much of it as you can get. The top part bolts into the cap. Without it you are asking for trouble trying to hold it in place.

I hope you get it too so people can quit calling me crazy for driving to Nashville from St. Louis.

You are going to drive from South Florida to North of Dallas. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)