Jurassic World

First 'Jurassic World' teaser rumbles into the past
Jurassic World is coming next summer, and the teasers begin today. While a full trailer is set to arrive on November 27th, today’s teaser brings viewers back to the exact Tyrannosaurus rex scene from the original movie. It could be a subtle hint that the upcoming movie might just try to recreate the magic of the original, or simply a clever way of generating some interest for the full-length trailer. There’s no goats or giant dinosaurs in shot, but the menacing footsteps and vibrating cups of water are a great reminder of what’s ahead when Jurassic World returns to the same island of Isla Nublar next year, 22 years after the original Jurassic Park. http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/21/7258827/jurassic-world-teaser-trailer

I liked the original one.
And I do like dinos and all, but the trailers have not enthused me about going to see it tomorrow.

Jurassic World’ Primed for $125 Million Opening Weekend
In what is expected to be the third-highest opening weekend box office this year, “Jurassic World” is set to debut on 4,273 U.S. screens this weekend and ring up ticket sales projected at $125 million. The fourth movie in the franchise enjoys the widest release ever for a film from Universal Studios, now part of the Comcast Corp. (NASDAQ: CMCSA) empire.

In addition to the U.S. release, the movie will also screen in 66 international markets this weekend, including China, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany and Russia. The international box office sales could bring worldwide weekend receipts to more than $350 million, according to Variety

http://247wallst.com/media/2015/06/11/jurassic-world-primed-for-125-million-opening-weekend/

Well I decided to go and see it.
Great movie it was worth my 2 hours.

Won´t give any spoilers yet, since it´s just opening today (Mexico, Canada...) tomorrow US.

I have reserved tickets tomorrow to take my nephews and my dad for his birthday. The older one remembers my dad taking him to see the last one when he was little. He was a huge Jurassic Park fan.

I never saw the 3D versions of the previous 3, but something tells me that we should spring for the Real3D this weekend.

It was awesome! There wasnt a single empty seat 30 minutes prior to showtime. Glad i got there early.

The multiplex on my side of town was running the 3D version at the top of every hour and the 2D version at the bottom. We had a leisurely lunch and caught the 1pm showing. No worries about falling asleep during this movie, it was pretty fast going once we got to the Jurassic World island and didn't let up. Great summer movie!

I saw it in 3D. It was certainly action packed. The had a lot of references back to the first movie and set it up for the next movie.

Box Office: 'Jurassic World' Chomps 2nd-Best 2nd Weekend, Tops 'Avengers' 10-Day Total http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...-days/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
Jurassic World may not have broken any second weekend/non-opening weekend records, but the performance was eye-popping just the same. The $150 million Universal (Comcast Corp.)/Legendary sequel earned another $102 million on its second weekend to bring its cume to $398.23 million in America after ten days of domestic play. That crushes the old ten-day record of The Avengers, which earned more in it second weekend ($103m) but had comparatively weaker weekdays and earned a mere $377m over its first ten days of domestic play. The weekend-to-weekend drop was 51% for the frame, which is pretty terrific in this day-and-age and for these kinds of numbers, especially with Inside Out earning $91m on its own this very weekend. And no, Jurassic World was never going to have the legs of Jurassic Park, so please don’t whip out the whole “Jurassic Park dropped 26% against the opening weekend of Last Action Hero in June of 1993? chestnut unless it’s for trivia. Heck, that was an astonishing hold even back in 1993.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts