JVC DVHS DECK: Get em' While They Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Great price at ecost.com only $259 refurbbed. These are awesome machines, you can play HD DTheater or HD DVHS tapes or record from a firewire enabled HD stb. You can also record downrezzed HD via S-Video and get an awesome picture.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
What would you do if you don't have firewire? I have Directv's HTL-HD and it doesn't have firewire.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Neutron said:
What would you do if you don't have firewire? I have Directv's HTL-HD and it doesn't have firewire.
169 runtime is one solution for about a 1000$, I think they work with D* boxes as well as the 6000...Hd-net has some Bikini Destinations as well as other programing in Dvhs. The Main stream dvhs movies look to be about twice the cost of dvds...

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Most DTheater tapes run anywhere from $21 to $35. All the DVHS tapes at HDNET are $29.95.

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
dfergie said:
169 runtime is one solution for about a 1000$, I think they work with D* boxes as well as the 6000...Hd-net has some Bikini Destinations as well as other programing in Dvhs. The Main stream dvhs movies look to be about twice the cost of dvds...
For $1000 I'd buy and HD Tivo, but that is just me and it is not worth $1000 to me. I am waiting on the next model, if prices drop to around $600 I'll get on board then.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
slacker9876 said:
For $1000 I'd buy and HD Tivo, but that is just me and it is not worth $1000 to me. I am waiting on the next model, if prices drop to around $600 I'll get on board then.
Thats me too...although the hd tivo is upgradable to bigger Hard drives I would be leery of doing so for along time and 25 hours of recording time would not last me long. I'll stick with my Replays tilll either the hd tivo or the 921 are more affordable, reliable and upgradeable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)