Jynxbox Ultra HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd send that right back to where I got it for a full refund. I'm completely new to FTA and picked up a microHD, it's plug and play not plug and play around.
Nah, for some of us the fun part of the hobby is to plug and play around. It wouldn't be much of a hobby if you just plug it in and watch TV. For me, it is the trying of the different equipments, receivers, LNB's, dishes etc. For others, it is the scanning the sky to see all the satellites and channels that is out there. Personally, I don't think I can watch TV without my TIVO so it is cable TV for me.

As for the JynxBox I am pretty optimistic about getting it working. I should have wait until today when I got more time to play with it.

That capacitor may have been installed backwards at the factory for it to have failed so soon. Try to determine the polarity of the circuit before you solder in a new one.

Junk box. Some sellers around us tryed to dump some on us for $75 usd with the full it will get "free" playboy hbo ect..

looked at the main page and its a pos rip of ruku and some ruku links still worked at the time. Now they have a better box in under 6 months?

And now a android box that started shipping in november but mid december they make a better android box and will be on sell soon?

Run away hard and fast.

Wish I could have got it for $75. Just because they are dumping it doesn't mean that it won't work as a FTA receiver. Chances are it is because it can't steal HBO and Playboy.

When you are talking about new Android box are you talking about a media/streaming player or FTA receiver? I see from the JynxBox web site that the Android HD box support USB ATSC tuner but not mention of USB DVB-S tuner just DVB-T. I am hoping that 2013 would be year of Linux on the FTA box. At least the Android version of it. I am a little surprise that there is not more Android FTA sets around considering the flood of media/streaming player, tablet and TV. I remember being so excited about the possibilities of my Linux based DGStation Relook but development was slow and never got anywhere. Maybe the Dreambox community did better.

That capacitor may have been installed backwards at the factory for it to have failed so soon. Try to determine the polarity of the circuit before you solder in a new one.
It wasn't the JynxBox that has the bad capacitor but the old EBox receiver that failed. It was running 24x7 for who know how long but after turning it off, it won't come back on again. The capacitor with the black marker line on top next to the heatsink is the one with the bulging top. Hopefully replacing it will fix the problem. To the right there is a small board that looks like a DC-DC converter daughter board that is suppose to mount on top of the main board but had to be moved because some components is in the way. The strange thing is that the input and output wires is connected but the ground in between is not. I hope they are not using the case as ground.

P1000850.jpg

Nah, for some of us the fun part of the hobby is to plug and play around. It wouldn't be much of a hobby if you just plug it in and watch TV. For me, it is the trying of the different equipments, receivers, LNB's, dishes etc. For others, it is the scanning the sky to see all the satellites and channels that is out there. Personally, I don't think I can watch TV without my TIVO so it is cable TV for me.

As for the JynxBox I am pretty optimistic about getting it working. I should have wait until today when I got more time to play with it.

you mean like receiving something you've paid for with a bulging capacitor? I'd call that defective, not playing around.

playing around and getting something "working" are two very different things.

I'm with you on the playing around, equipment, scanning, etc......when it comes to repairing something that should be working, nah, no way.

you mean like receiving something you've paid for with a bulging capacitor?
Sorry if I was unclear. It is the EBox, the old receiver, that has the bulging capacitor. This problem is far from uncommon.

I have this box, its 1080p. OTA has 4 day EPG and the DVBS2 blindscans. It's also a media player for MKV, AVI, X264 in 1080p. It also reads and writes to NTFS drives and it's got a MicroSD card slot. WiFi add-on is in the works.

I also bought the Jynxbox Android HD and I'm running XBMC. Very nice, I love it.

Phat, give us the nitty gritty on how well it works on fta tv, if you're in the US we'd like to know all the good/bad points.

I have this box, its 1080p. OTA has 4 day EPG and the DVBS2 blindscans. It's also a media player for MKV, AVI, X264 in 1080p. It also reads and writes to NTFS drives and it's got a MicroSD card slot. WiFi add-on is in the works.

I also bought the Jynxbox Android HD and I'm running XBMC. Very nice, I love it.

Thanks for the information..I would like to hear about How the Blind scan works on ku/C band satellites & channels..at least something compared like openbox HD S9 would be grand

i dont understand how they can sell them with those turbo tuners in em and get away with it.
i would think that dish would be all over that???

i did see one for sale with just the S-2 tuner in it on ebay.

Expensive for DVB-S2 ... pass

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

k, here is my own personal review and i have never owned the box... what i have scared up so far... this includes a cruise thru the eyepatch forums.
They say it can do Dp lnbs with a power inserter. i would like a power inserter that can go right after my boxes cause i only use bandstacked, but it would have to pass diseqc commands cause i use a 8x1 and a 4x1. Now, if it does DP lnbz, then it must do Bandstacked somehow, me thinks.

I read the lnb power supply is less then good and is in danger of self destructing if loaded too much ( too much is undefined) .The JB200 tuner is supposed to run hot and also supposed to be a bit unstable . It is suggested that u may need to change it out to get a good one. I have no heat data on the other 2 tuners available. The S2 tuner is supposed to work and a few folks have defended it on the other forums. The PVR/record function is supposed to be basically non existent i hope it is or was fixed since the posts i read. One of the tuners is supposed to require the mother board shifted slightly to make it enter, but that info was not clear to me. I do not remember it, but there is supposed to be a preferred order for the tuners to be installed. sorry, i forgo the order.
Edit, i just read someone does make it record. so unclear on the limitations there.

the box reads 3rd in the list of hd boxes on Those forums.... in terms of a good box to own. They have a somewhat unique grading system where, no offence Brian, they would not put your boxes... heh we know why thy would not.

I hope they do fix its issues because i do like the idea of the multi tuners , i have not owned anything like that and would love to review it myself.

this is extremely incomplete review, but it is what i have so far on it.
:cool::D

:popcorn

Last edited:
Jynxbox processor?

Haven't been able to find out the processor in the Jynxbox, this would help the editor developer come up with something. I see some people such as xtgold have uncovered quite a few details about other FTA boxes. Is there a way to interrogate the chipset for hardware details without having to tear off the glued on heat sink and read the chip?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts