Kei Igawa the lost Yankee

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
In the sport section of the New York Times, there is a good article about Igawa. He is still in the minors with the organization and has become a sad story. After this year he will finally be over with his contract and be done. Cashman has admitted this signing to be the worst in Yankees history. 26 million up front cost to get into negotiation and another 20 milliom for 5 years. 46 millions for a minor lleague pitcher. I encourage you to read the article. It is sad and at the same time... One never knows.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

A good example of why I always insist on a 1M signon bonus when some headhunter calls me out-of-the-blue about a job. It's dirt cheap compared to the millions they waste on professional athletes who never deliver. Anyway, good article.

If that's the worst Yankee sugning ever, then they have a good track record. Right now, it looks no worse than the Adam Dunn sign signing.

The Red Sox paid over $100 millon for Dice K and all they have to show for it is one smoke-and-mirrors season in which he went 18-3 while becomeing the first player in over 100 years to win 15 games more than he lost while surrendering over 5 walks per 9 innings pitched. When you figure that the Red Sox paid over $50 million more for Dice-K than the Yankees did for Igewa, then Dice-K is the worse signing because the Yankees will still be able to buy productive players with the $50 they "saved" by signing Igewa instead of Dice-K.

AntAltMike said:
If that's the worst Yankee sugning ever, then they have a good track record. Right now, it looks no worse than the Adam Dunn sign signing.

The Red Sox paid over $100 millon for Dice K and all they have to show for it is one smoke-and-mirrors season in which he went 18-3 while becomeing the first player in over 100 years to win 15 games more than he lost while surrendering over 5 walks per 9 innings pitched. When you figure that the Red Sox paid over $50 million more for Dice-K than the Yankees did for Igewa, then Dice-K is the worse signing because the Yankees will still be able to buy productive players with the $50 they "saved" by signing Igewa instead of Dice-K.

Dice-k was the winning pitcher of game 7 of the 2007 ALCS and a game in the world series. That sure beats lingering in the minor leagues. That automatically makes it a better signing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)