Klipsch Files Lawsuit Against Multiple Internet Sales Violators

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
Klipsch is serious about protecting their name and quality. If you're looking for Klipsch speakers visit their website BEFORE you buy into a "Too good to be true deal"!

Here's their press release.

Klipsch Files Lawsuit Against Multiple Internet Sales Violators
Speaker manufacturer exhausts every legal avenue to expose unauthorized product resellers

INDIANAPOLIS (September 13, 2006) — On September 8, Klipsch Audio Technologies, a leading manufacturer of loudspeakers, filed suit in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana against the following Internet sites for sales violations: DigitalCraze.com, ReliableAudioVideo.com, and SoundCityExpo.com.

Klipsch is seeking recovery of damages as well as an injunction to prevent the defendants from inducing authorized dealers to transship Klipsch products, interfering with the contractual relationships between Klipsch and its authorized dealers, infringing on Klipsch trademarks, illegally using Klipsch’s copyrighted materials, and otherwise competing unfairly with Klipsch.

President Mike Klipsch said that the lawsuit filed against these three sites is nearly identical to the lawsuits Klipsch filed against brandnamez.com in December 2004 and crazyeddie.com, 50TopSellers.com, AuthorizedElectronics.com, TheBestPriceStore.com and HomeTheaterPhiles.com in January 2004. He explained that Klipsch accomplished everything it set out to do with the previous lawsuits including securing a lifetime ban that prevents the web sites, their owners and any future businesses they own from ever selling Klipsch brand products.

“The web sites we’ve sued in the past removed any trace of Klipsch from their web sites just days after we filed the lawsuits,” Mike Klipsch said. “Unfortunately, there are still some hold-outs trying to capitalize on the hard work and substantial investment that Klipsch and its authorized dealers have made in our brand identity. Our solid resolve in this matter simply will not allow free-riders and their unscrupulous, corrupt business practices to damage the quality, integrity and value of the authorized Klipsch dealer network.”

Mike Klipsch said DigitalCraze.com, ReliableAudioVideo.com and SoundCityExpo.com illegally use Klipsch’s trademarks and copyrighted materials -- critical pieces of the positive image Klipsch has projected since 1946. He said the Klipsch brand is registered in over 30 countries and that the Indianapolis-based company would not permit this relative newcomer to damage the global brand image Klipsch has spent 60 years building.

Klipsch is continuing its relationship with NetEnforcers.com, a brand protection company that assists Klipsch with shutting down auctions by unauthorized dealers using third party web sites such as Ebay and Yahoo. Klipsch officials said NetEnforcers.com has the bandwidth to continuously and tirelessly investigate Internet sales violations, file the appropriate paperwork with the third party web sites, and remove illegal auctions the same day they are found.

About Klipsch Audio Technologies
Klipsch Audio Technologies, a wholly owned division of the Klipsch Group, Inc., is a leading global manufacturer of high-performance loudspeakers and other entertainment products for the consumer and professional markets. Established in 1946, Klipsch celebrates its 60th anniversary this year, and continues its legacy of developing products that utilize unique, proprietary horn-loaded technology to create the most engaging, emotional and dynamic entertainment experiences. Acquired from company founder Paul W. Klipsch by Fred S. Klipsch and Judy L. Klipsch in 1989, Klipsch has worldwide headquarters and Audio Engineering and Technology Center in Indianapolis; European headquarters and a distribution center in s’Heerenberg, Netherlands; manufacturing facilities in Hope, Ark; and distribution centers in Buena Park, Calif.; Toronto, Canada; and Shen Zhen China. For more information, please visit http://www.klipsch.com.

All about holding the prices at top dollar for their brand. Makes them and their dealers more money, guess I won't be buying their products, because I hate paying full retail for things.

I just got a Mits HD1000U for $849.00 for my outdoor theatre, had I not been able to get that great price, I would not have bought one at the 1100-1200 dollar price several were selling at.

Some of the stuff sold as brand name on the internet is second rate or even outright counterfeit. We all know this. Why should it be any different for speakers?

I bought my Klipsch speakers locally, and glad I did. And to sweeten the deal, the local shop will let me trade them in for full credit on more expensive speakers, during the first year.

I picked up a pair of Bose 701s and 301s when I got my first Yamaha HT receiver (RX-V2095) back in '99. I ditched the Bose speakers as soon as I got an earful of Klipsch, and bought KLF-30s for the front, KLF-10s for the rear, and a KLF-C7 for the front channel. Although I have upgraded the receive twice, the Klipsch speakers will be on the job for another 15 or more years. I cannot wait to one day own a pair of Klipschorns!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)