Knowledge Network?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No Doubt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Snohomish, Wa
I have been watching WSTV & enjoying it, but decided to start to see what else is out on FTA, I marked my setting for 129 & rotated east & found this bird. It is on Channel 3-VBA & is showing a outdoors exercise program. The instructor said something about it being a military base & excusing the airplanes flying overhead.
Any idea where I landed?
EDIT-The instructor just said something a about Navel Air Station Coronado.

Last edited:
Your on the VA Knowledge network, watching the Pentagon Channel. You're pointed at 123!
You can find Pentagon Channel further east at AMC1KU.
VA shows Pentagon channel when there's nothing on the regular schedule for VA.

Awesome, I wonder why when I did a blind scan, this is the only thing I see? I have a strong signal (88%)
Your on the VA Knowledge network, watching the Pentagon Channel. You're pointed at 123!
You can find Pentagon Channel further east at AMC1KU.
VA shows Pentagon channel when there's nothing on the regular schedule for VA.

Might need to adjust the skew a bit, shouldn't be that much though, to affect you're not getting anything on the V side. Elevation would have to come up a fraction too, if you didn't already do that. Prob 1/2 turn of the elevation bolt or so.

that station is weird. When I peak on that transponder, all the Equity transponders goes in the crapper...but when I peak on Equity then this TP goes down to almost nothing

I am still a rookie, lol. Turbosat mentioned the V side, I am still on the H side with a single coax. Is this where I need to hook up the 4x4 swith I purchased to combine both sides?

Yep that's it, forgot you had the old 2port lnb on, find a good ol 3x4 switch, make a couple of short cable runs from it to the lnb and you're in business to get both polarities. Iceberg has a good point too about that channel, I've had problems like he described when trying to peak the h-side of that sat. I think VA's uplink is skewed funny or off the beam a little.

yeah thats the only one that seems to be off a little bit. But if you hook up the V side you should be able to scan in the Equity channels (about 35 of them)

So please help me out on the switch, k? out (1-4) will go the receiver, correct? The other side of the Multi-swithch say SAT A (101) in & has 18V & 13 V Then there is 22KHZ with 18V & 13 V. Do I use the SAT A or 22khz?
Yep that's it, forgot you had the old 2port lnb on, find a good ol 3x4 switch, make a couple of short cable runs from it to the lnb and you're in business to get both polarities. Iceberg has a good point too about that channel, I've had problems like he described when trying to peak the h-side of that sat. I think VA's uplink is skewed funny or off the beam a little.

If I remember right, youre using the stock Primestar LNB with the 2 outputs, right?

If so plug the V side of the LNB to 13v and the H side to 18v...leave the 22k ones empty (thats for another dual LNB)

yes rec 1-4 is for the receivers

attachment.php

Got it hooked up as instructed & doing another blind scan. The Quality meter is in the high 90's with my CS 5000. This is getting fun!

I think I got a bad switch, as soon as it is hooked up, I lose signal strength.
EDIT: Before I took the switch out of line I traded & put H on 13V, that seems to work for some reason?
Retro Jams is not giving audio yet either.

Last edited:
I think I got a bad switch, as soon as it is hooked up, I lose signal strength.
EDIT: Before I took the switch out of line I traded & put H on 13V, that seems to work for some reason?
Retro Jams is not giving audio yet either.

Did you test the 22Khz ports? If the switch is bad, it might not be both sides. Do you have an inline meter you can put between the switch and LNB on each port to test if 13/18 & 22Khz switching is ok?

RetroJams is AC-3 (Dolby Digital) compressed audio, you'll need to hook the digital audio output of the receiver to a Dolby Digital-equipped audio receiver (or a Cyberhome Sonic Voom) to hear its audio.

It was late last night when I wrapped up. I went out this morning with a cup of coffee & went over my coax & switch one more time. I did another blindscan & everything is here. I have a few questions. KEYU & KAMT dont have audio either, but the settings appear to be correct. Are these 2 channels THISTV/AMG?, It is showing a old western now. I am organizing my shop today, so I will be checking in often.
Thanks, Guy.

Last edited:
I never get audio on those spanish channels you mentioned either, thought I did once but then I quit checking because its not a language I speak anyway. Maybe somebody else has the clue to that, one of them seems to have good movies sometimes. There have been some channel changes on that satellite lately, and yes there are one or two now showing "Thistv" (edited movies frm MGM mostly and some old tv shows too).

I dont speak spaniush either, just like everything working, lol. So ThisTV is not AMG? I am not seeing the channels just the callsigns, so I am not sure if I am seeing AMG.
I never get audio on those spanish channels you mentioned either, thought I did once but then I quit checking because its not a language I speak anyway. Maybe somebody else has the clue to that, one of them seems to have good movies sometimes. There have been some channel changes on that satellite lately, and yes there are one or two now showing "Thistv" (edited movies frm MGM mostly and some old tv shows too).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)