Knowledge Network?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As far as the AC3 audio goes for those channels, and you having the Coolsat 5000 receiver. A optic cable works better than does the digital coaxial output (spdif). It allows for more volume if your hooked up to a home theater. Not sure why the audio is at a lower volume using the coaxial. Also your remote for the Coolsat has no control over the audio AC3 unless you turn it all the way down. Then its like a off/on audio switch.

Interesting, up here in Washington, I have all of them clear, including Knowledge Network, at the same time with my PS 1.0 dish.
that station is weird. When I peak on that transponder, all the Equity transponders goes in the crapper...but when I peak on Equity then this TP goes down to almost nothing

You got that right, lol. You told me to bring it up abit & everything just popped in! The signal level on my CS 5000 is in the mid 90's on most.Thanks for all the help turbosat,
Must have it peaked and skewed just right. Gotta love those primestars.

anytime, just picture a mountain, with the top being your true south satellite, that slopes downward from both sides, and you'll be able to follow the arc manually when you peak one of those fixed dishes. Gotta rise up as you go toward the mountaintop, then start dropping back down off the other side.

A optic cable works better than does the digital coaxial output (spdif). It allows for more volume if your hooked up to a home theater. Not sure why the audio is at a lower volume using the coaxial.

You may have a ground loop problem when you use the coax cable, as the exact same data transfers over both connections.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but, upon a rescan of 123 W, RetroJams does not show up as AC3 on my receiver now, and there is no audio with or without my audio cable hooked up to my decoder.

It always worked in the past.

I have the Classic NA and the channel banner at the bottom of the screen shows L-R for channels without AC3 and AC3 for channels that are in that format.

AC3 is not present now on RetroJams, it shows L-R.

This is a new scan of that satellite too.

When I took the audio cable off the Surround receiver, I did not see the red light at the end of the cable. Could this mean my receiver has suffered a failure? I am used to seeing the red light when I look at the end of the cable. I have verified that it is connected to the STB and has not pulled loose.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LNBFs: Invacom QPH-031 versus Monster LC-101 test

Catch Zon tvCabo from portugal in Virginia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)