OTHER Koqit Firmware

Hola buen día a todos.

Yo tengo un Koqit S2U2, color rojo y quiero sabe si me pueden ayúdame con el firmware.
Explico lo que me paso, tengo ya meses sin usar el Koqit por que la antena wifi se daño, bueno compre una nueva antena wifi y la detecta, pero al momento de cagar datos, decía error en datos, entonces en búsqueda por el internet encorte un firmware que indicaba la misma versión y al momento de realizar la actualización, se actualizo y encendió, pero se reinicio al instante y ya no salía la imagen ni nada, lo desarme y veo que la CPU si calienta y me indica que la forma de revivirlo seria por RS232, ya compre el cable y busque el programa que usan, pero estoy buscando el firmware.

Attachments

• 20210221_121306.jpg
    20210221_121306.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 20210221_121310.jpg
    20210221_121310.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 216
Hola buen día a todos.

Yo tengo un Koqit S2U2, color rojo y quiero sabe si me pueden ayúdame con el firmware.
Explico lo que me paso, tengo ya meses sin usar el Koqit por que la antena wifi se daño, bueno compre una nueva antena wifi y la detecta, pero al momento de cagar datos, decía error en datos, entonces en búsqueda por el internet encorte un firmware que indicaba la misma versión y al momento de realizar la actualización, se actualizo y encendió, pero se reinicio al instante y ya no salía la imagen ni nada, lo desarme y veo que la CPU si calienta y me indica que la forma de revivirlo seria por RS232, ya compre el cable y busque el programa que usan, pero estoy buscando el firmware.
I don't have the firmware but wanted to welcome you to Satellite Guys. Hopefully someone will have what you need. Also, posts are expected to be in English (Official SatelliteGuys Rules - Updated October 2nd, 2013) so I Google translated yours. Again, welcome!

Hello, good day to everyone.

I have a Koqit S2U2, red color and I want to know if you can help me with the firmware.
I explain what happened to me, I have not used the Koqit for months because the wifi antenna was damaged, well I bought a new wifi antenna and it detects it, but at the time of uploading data, it said error in data, then in internet search it cuts A firmware that indicated the same version and at the time of the update, it was updated and turned on, but it restarted instantly and the image no longer came out or anything, I disassembled it and I see that the CPU does heat up and it tells me that the way to revive it would be by RS232, I already bought the cable and looked for the program they use, but I am looking for the firmware.

Reactions: TV Junkie
I too have the S2U2 board in mine. I am in contact right now with a few resellers on aliexpress and the Whatsapp number on the box. I got a FW this morning if anybody wants to try it, however the file name DOES day CS8001 in it and these are 6001 boxes so i haven't tried this yet. I just sent a message to verify its for this board. View attachment 138708
Hey fireball517, did you still have that firmware in your message from May 8, 2019? The ZIP archive at KIQIT-K1_CS8001_flash_1903131803.zip appears to be empty.
Did you have any luck with this build on a M88CS6001? That's what my box has in it.
I bricked my KOQIT K1 with the "latest Firmware" to the point where it did literally nothing but pull a tiny bit of data out of Flash on boot and then just sit dark, so I found a way to read/erase/write the binary directly from the 25Q64CSIG SPI Flash (had to pull the darn thing off the board to do so, ISP wasn't working like it should). I tried the other FW linked in this thread with no good results, but your FW for the S2U2 board sounds like it might be exactly what I need! This is the only place I've been able to find anything very close.
I've got a newer box on order, but I don't want to wait 3 more weeks and I don't need any more junk laying around!

Attachments

• IMAG3372.jpg
    IMAG3372.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 166
Update from previous comment: Windows didn't find a file in @fireball527's ZIP archive, but I tried it on linux and found a 4MB bin file!
Flashrom didn't like trying to write a 4MB file to the 8MB part (the GD25Q64CSIG), so I doubled the size and wrote it anyway, hoping the build for the CS8001 proc would still work for the CS6001 in my vintage of K1 (S2U2 20160920 V4.0).

It did not work.

Either a previous FW physically broke something, or I bungled the solder job (looks fine to me), or most likely this FW just isn't going to work on the CS6001. I haven't tapped the SPI lines again to see if the proc gets any farther than it did before, but now I guess I get to also go on a fishing expedition to see if I can get someone associated with KOQIT to send be the proper firmware image.
I have found a "Big_Burger_CS6001_4MB_20181029.bin" from poking around that uses the CS6001, but I don't think the rest of the HW matches anything near the K1, but who knows. Maybe someone here knows? It wouldn't surprise me if it's a clone. I've been poking around in binwalk and maybe something interesting will present itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts