Ku-band feeds in Mexico

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Arrggh....I meant to say "in Mexico and other parts of the American continent." Sorry...

For DJDish and others south of the border, I was wondering which Ku-band satellites you are able to get. I think some are viewable around Monterrey but not in Mexico City. I think in Puerto Rico, most of the Ku-band sats we get in the lower 48 are viewable and maybe a few more from South America? I'm not sure if we have anyone in Costa Rica or Panama. We sometimes hear about stuff out of reach in Canada or on the West Coast. I just think it would be neat to see which ones are "in reach" or "out of reach" in other parts of the American continent. For example, can you get the ABC news feeds off 91W? The footprint maps suggest you could get this in San Juan, PR, and maybe Monterrey, NL, Mexico, but not, say in Mexico City :) What size dishes do you use for Ku-band and which sats do you get?

Yes you´re right when you say that some Ku feeds that are still available in northern Mexico, say around Monterrey, are not available in Central Mexico (Mexico City area for example).

I know that´s the case for Cozi 103w, I´m too south to get it, unfortunately for me.

Right now I have fixed 90 cmts dishes at 30w,83w, 95w and 97w.
In the past I´ve had been able to get with that dish size Telstar 14 63w

Theoretically I´m oustide AMC 21 125w footprint, to get the PBS feeds (while the footprint covers northern Mexico).

But now that Luken is turning of te Ku feed, I will try to see if I can get it with a 90 cmts or a 1.2 mts dish.

Correct. Only in Nort of Mexico

Hi guys.

That's correct. If you live in north of Mexico you can catch some ku band channels with a 90cm dish. I had a motorized dish some years ago, but I decided to jump to C Band when my favorite channels in KU band where dissapearing. Now I have a motorized 1.8m C band Dish catching much more channels than with that KU band motorized dish. Anyway, I aimed that 90cm dish to AMC21 125W (PBS HD, V-Me, Create, World...) fixed. Receives Signal Quality of 60. Picture and programming content are excelent...

Hi guys.

That's correct. If you live in north of Mexico you can catch some ku band channels with a 90cm dish. I had a motorized dish some years ago, but I decided to jump to C Band when my favorite channels in KU band where dissapearing. Now I have a motorized 1.8m C band Dish catching much more channels than with that KU band motorized dish. Anyway, I aimed that 90cm dish to AMC21 125W (PBS HD, V-Me, Create, World...) fixed. Receives Signal Quality of 60. Picture and programming content are excelent...

Hey, Robosat

I seem to remember you were having some problems with AMC 21 (PBS tps) some months ago.

I´m glad to see you are getting them fine now.

That´s encouraging for me because I´m theoretically just a few miles outside of the footprint, but I´ll try to see if I can get them with a 90 cmts or a 1.20 mts.

That footprint is kind a of a weird one for Mexico, while it covers northern Mexico, the Gulf, and the caribbean, it doesn´t cover (at least theoretically) central and western Mexico.

I used 4 feet and a half dish and can get the following from San Juan. A few of them I can use even a smaller dish. There could be others but these are the ond I have tested

15W
30W
37W
40W
55.5W
58W
61W
64W
72w
78W
89W
91W
93.1W
97W
99W
110W
113.6W
116W
119W
121W
123W
125W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)