L751 on 722K

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/190150-vip-722-ends-playback-skips-end.html

You've hit the skip to end bug. This one's been around for a while.... happened to me recently as well.
I'm trying a little test... rather than deleting the offending program, I'm leaving it in case it's an issue of certain sectors of the hard drive.
I record a TON of stuff... it's rarely an issue... so it will be tough to tell. I guess if it NEVER happens again... lol...
sucks when it's live sports though...
Edit to add...
I just realized my link is to a 722 NON K thread... actually not sure... I believe same issue applies to K however...

No that's not my problem, because you just had to press the guide button and it resumed where it left off. You also had to hit the cancel button to get rid of the guide. About half way through the program it stopped doing this.
Michael

The corrected version seems to have manifested problems now.

The 722k freeze/reboot problem has brought me here. Long time follower first time poster :). Here's my scenario.

Setup: 722k, no OTA, L752

We've had this 722k for maybe two years with no problems. June 25 we went on vacation and on July 9 when we came back we had the freeze/reboot problem. It looks like it started happening on June 26, when I look at recorded shows that is the earliest date where I find broken up recordings because of multiple freeze/reboots. It will happen if I am watching a recorded program or just watching live shows. It happens at all hours of the day, sometimes it will go for a few hours then freeze and sometimes it will happen multiple times in an hour.

At first I thought it might be due to overheating so I pulled the 722k out of the cabinet, raised it up on clothes pins and put a small desk fan next to the rear left side vents to pull the hot air out and get better circulation, the unit is now cold to the touch. No change, still multiple reboots.

Then I found this thread regarding L752 so I'm thinking maybe that could be the problem since from reading the thread it sounds like L752 came out sometime in June?

I was planning on going to the Hopper in Aug/Sept but this problem is probably going to push there a lot sooner.

Every time South Park is over it shows "locked event" and when I try to get out of it, it acts goofy but sometimes I can get it out of there without having to reboot the receiver. I wonder what that is all about?

It seems L752 has created far more problems than it fixed (if any). I guess this wasn't the problem we were waiting for, I wonder if Dish is actually working on it?
Michael

Yesterday was intolerable with the freeze/reboots. So I made the call and the Dish installer is here now installing 2 Hopper/ 1 Joey config. We'll see how it goes. Of course my external hard drive that I was going to use to backup recorded shows to decided to stop working on the day I went to use it. :(

Well, for me at least, L752 fixed the freezing while watching OTA on my 722k but seems to have broken the WiFi signal meter (Menu, 6, 1, 8, 1, 4). A minor problem to be sure (meter always showing signal strength as "0" despite being able to Sling, dl VOD, etc. with no problem), but may be confusing to people trying to set up their WiFi Adapter for the first time.

Got L752 on the 722K. So far so good. Nothing exciting to report though. Other than when you press INFO - INFO while viewing live TV it actually shows the correct sat that the channel is on rather than the sat that the channel that you were last pointed to on the guide.

I have a 722k no ota on software L752. Still getting freezes and reboots. Had the box less than a month. Dish is replacing it but after reading here I'm not so sure it will fix things

I had a discussion with an engineer at Echostar (they manufacture the receivers for Dish), he said L752 is supposed to fix the freezing problem that most of us have been having. He also said the freezing I had on both my receivers immediately after receiving L752 was caused by a problem Dish was having which was soon fixed after it began. So, hopefully the problem you are having is an "outlier" and receiver replacement will fix it. Good luck!'
Michael

mmcl26554 said:
I had a discussion with an engineer at Echostar (they manufacture the receivers for Dish), he said L752 is supposed to fix the freezing problem that most of us have been having. He also said the freezing I had on both my receivers immediately after receiving L752 was caused by a problem Dish was having which was soon fixed after it began. So, hopefully the problem you are having is an "outlier" and receiver replacement will fix it. Good luck!'
Michael

Thanks, receivers coming Wednesday. I'll report back with either good or bad news.

722K, L752 OTA.
I just received 752. Not impressed. The one local OTA channel I watch now exhibits drop outs.... goes from 88-86 to loss of signal screen, then back on.
This was not a problem before this latest release. Nothing has changed with my setup. Moving soon anyway, so I'll add a preamp once re-settled.

Have you tried watching that channel with your TV's tuner, see if the signal fluctuates there also. Good way to sort out if it is your reception or the 722K.
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)