Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Live European Football (Soccer) Matches on WorldSportHD
Spanish Primera Liga: 2007-2008 Season
Last updated on 5/10/2008

Here is a preliminary list of upcoming matches of the 2007-2008 season that will be broadcast LIVE in HD on WorldSportHD channel. Please note, that schedules and games are subject to change. I will be updating this list as new games or schedule changes are announced.

<TABLE border=1 allign="center"><TBODY><TR><TD>GAME TIME</TD><TD>Team 1</TD><TD>Team 2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 1: 8/26/2007: Will be shown on 9/2 @ 12pm ET</TD><TD>Valencia </TD><TD>Villarreal</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 2: 9/2/2007: Will be shown on 9/8 @ 3pm ET </TD><TD>Villarreal </TD><TD>Real Madrid</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Sunday, 9/16/2007 @ 1pm ET</TD><TD>Sevilla</TD><TD>Recreativo</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 9/22/2007 @ 4pm ET</TD><TD>Barcelona </TD><TD>Sevilla </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Thursday, 9/27/2007 @ 4pm ET</TD><TD>Real Madrid </TD><TD>Real Betis</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 6: Broadcast canceled due to media rights dispute... </TD><TD>Getafe </TD><TD>Real Madrid </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Sunday, 10/7/2007 @ 11am ET</TD><TD>Sevilla </TD><TD>Deportivo</TD></TR><TR><TD>Week 8: Broadcast canceled due to media rights dispute... </TD><TD>Villarreal </TD><TD>Barcelona </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Sunday, 10/28/2007 @ 4pm ET</TD><TD>Sevilla </TD><TD>Valencia </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Thursday, 11/1/2007 @ 5pm ET</TD><TD>Espanyol </TD><TD>Murcia</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 11/3/2007 @ 5PM ET</TD><TD>Sevilla </TD><TD>Real Madrid</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Sunday, 11/11/2007 @ 11 AM ET</TD><TD>Espanyol </TD><TD>Athletic </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 11/24/2007 @ 4pm ET</TD><TD>Murcia</TD><TD>Real Madrid </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 12/1/2007 @ 4pm ET</TD><TD>Espanyol </TD><TD>Barcelona </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 12/9/2007 @ 4pm ET</TD><TD>Athletic Bilbao</TD><TD>Real Madrid </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 12/15/2007 @ 4pm ET</TD><TD>Valencia </TD><TD>Barcelona </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 12/22/2007 @ 4pm ET</TD><TD>Sevilla</TD><TD>Racing</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Sunday, 1/6/2008 @ 3pm ET</TD><TD>Sevilla </TD><TD>Betis </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 1/12/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Athletic Bilbao</TD><TD>Sevilla</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 1/19/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Villarreal </TD><TD>Valencia </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Sunday, 1/27/2008 @ 1PM ET</TD><TD>Athletic </TD><TD>Barcelona </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Sunday, 2/3/2008 @ 11AM ET</TD><TD>Zaragoza </TD><TD>Athletic </TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 2/9/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Sevilla</TD><TD>Barcelona</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 2/16/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Zaragoza</TD><TD>Barcelona</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 2/23/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Sevilla</TD><TD>Zaragoza</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Sunday, 3/2/2008 @ 1PM ET</TD><TD>Villarreal</TD><TD>Osasuna</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 3/8/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Zaragoza</TD><TD>Atletico Madrid</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 3/15/2008 @ 5PM ET</TD><TD>Valencia</TD><TD>Sevilla</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 3/22/2008 @ 5PM ET</TD><TD>Sevilla</TD><TD>Atletico Madrid</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 3/29/2008 @ 5PM ET</TD><TD>Villarreal</TD><TD>Atletico Madrid</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 4/5/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Mallorca</TD><TD>Real Madrid</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 4/12/2008 @ 2PM ET</TD><TD>Valencia</TD><TD>Racing</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 4/19/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Sevilla</TD><TD>Almeria</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 4/26/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Murcia</TD><TD>Sevilla</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 5/3/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Zaragoza</TD><TD>Deportivo</TD></TR><TR><TD>Broadcast canceled: Wednesday, 5/7/2008 @ 2PM ET</TD><TD>Valencia</TD><TD>Zaragoza</TD></TR><TR><TD>LIVE: Sunday, 5/11/2008 @ 3PM ET</TD><TD>Zaragoza</TD><TD>Real Madrid</TD></TR><TR bgcolor="LemonChiffon"><TD>LIVE: Saturday, 5/17/2008 @ 4PM ET</TD><TD>Murcia</TD><TD>Barcelona</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Previous live games on WorldSport:
Season 2006-2007
Season 2005-2006
Season 2004-2005

Anything on the La Liga matches to be televised for the 2007-2008 season. Paul at Worldsport.com says that they have published the list of fixtures but I can't find it. The tab for full schedule on their site is broken. I am eagelry awaiting for the next season to start to see how the teams did with their transfers.

Just got a word from Paul:

Hello Folks

I've noticed there are a few doubts about what games we'll be showing next season, when we start with La Liga etc...

Well the good news is that we start on Saturday 25th with the Madrid derby Real - Atletico. Should be good. Real have been awful all summer ince sacking Capello - they lost the Supercup 3-5 to Sevilla last night..Atletico meanwhile have looked good (at last)

That's the only game we have had confirmed so far, remember Spain closes down for the summer! But we do have a game every week.

Sid and I think that the following week will probably be Barca - Athletic Bilbao or Atletico Madrid - Mallorca. I think Barca is more probable and hope so as I've promised my girlfriend she can go shopping in Barcelona. If we do the Calderon I am a dead man walking!

After that there is a week off for internationals and then it is full on for a packed season, which has more midweek games, as this season we finish in May to allow for the European Championships...

We've asked to do a couple more games in Sevilla and also Zaragoza, who could be good this season, but that all has to be confirmed. It should be soon.

Looking forward to speaking to you all on Saturday (8pm CET)..

By the way the La Liga report also kicks off at the weekend, with the first show out half an hour before the game.

Cheers PAUL
ps you cannot beleive how pissed off everyone is at having Barca - R Madrid on December 23rd. Makes getting a flght back to England real fun on Xmas Eve...

From Paul Giblin:

Hi there again

Well I am proud to bring you the proposed list of games for the 1st half of next season- for the second we aim to bring games depending on their relevance to the title chase etc...

I have to make it clear though that these are provisional. At 48 hrs until the start of the season a huge bust up between Spanish TV providers over rigths could mean changes. It's such a long story and Spain would not be Spain without some last minute crisis aimed at blackmailing someone or other...in fact there is a team that could be kicked out of the 2nd division tomorrow - the day before their first game (Granada 74 - but that is not anything to do with us).

I fully expect things to be sorted out, and if they are, this looks like the list:

(see the list in the first post above - Ilya)

However, don't be surprised if instead of seeing Real Madrid -. Atletico on Saturday. you end up watching Racing - Barca on Sunday (which is cool cos we get to see the Fantastic 4!). Not cool in that instead of a 30 minute walk to the Bernabeu, we have to travel 500km to Santander and its pissing with rain there at the moment.

As they say 'Spain is different."

cheers PAul

Note: I have updated the first post with the 2007-2008 season schedule.
Previous season's schedules are moved to a separate thread.

I wish they would show both gamesin HD on Worldsport. I assume that Mediapro will be doing the TV setups again so we'll have HD highlights on the game that isn't shown like late last season.

More from Paul:

Just to answer a point

Mediapro - the company who supply the HD signal to WORLDSPORT choose the games that will be shown in HD along with WORLDSPORT...that doesn't mean that we won't get the late game at all. What tends to be the case is that rights issues here are a pain in the proverbial arse.

I'll try and explain so people can see the selection policy. What happens in Spain is that there is one station (La Sexta) that has the right to give a game free to air at 10pm CET. (they are owned by Mediapro) Then a platform called Audiovisual Sport has next choice - (they do games that are Pay Per View PPV and also a channel - Canal Plus that you have to pay for, but which a huge percentage of people in Spain actually get because they pay for it- PPV games are extra)

That means La Sexta get first choice (although there are clauses in their contract which mean they can only show a certain number of games per team or only one of certain key games - which is why the Barca - Madrid game is likely to be on Dec 23rd..)

To continue, a big game is alwys going to be worth more to Audiovisual Sport if they put it out PPV than on Canal Plus, so that is why a lot of the best games on Sunday are at 7pm cet rather than at 9pm, which is the late match...

This new season some teams have signed new TV deals with Mediapro rather than Audiovisual Sport and that is going to complicate matters. All of a sudden Audiovisual Sport have said that Mediapro owe them around 70 million dollars -God knows if that's true or not, but why say that now when they have had all summer to talk...

As a result they are not letting Mediapro- and as a result WORLDSPORT get a signal from any game where they own the rights from any team they have a deal with. That includes Real Madrid for this season- although not for 2008 onwards.

That has pissed on our chips big time for Saturday....unless they reach an agreement between now and Saturday midday..

MEDIAPRO do however have rights for Barca, Athletic Bilbao, Racing etc, which is why Sid and I picked up tickets for a trip to Santander on Friday.

SO as a result it looks at the moment (23.20hrs in Spain) as if we will be in Santander on Sunday. But we could be in Madrid.

I hope that explains matters a bit to you- i am still not 100% sure what is going on, but i know one thing. On Sunday post game if we are in Santander, Sid and I are going to a top quality restaurant, we are going to feast like kings and then we will pass the bill on to Medipro..or Audiovisual Sport or someone...anyone

cheers

Any one knows why they didn't show the game between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid today? WorldSportHD.com doesn't say anything about the situation. It's pretty crappy that they keep all the viewers in the dark.

Ilya,

Thanks for the updates. Sat Guys comes through again. How are you getting the information from Paul Giblin? His blog on worldsporthd.com hasn't been updated. Does he have another blog site?

Cheers

More from Paul:

.Saturday....Or maybe they won't let us into Santander and we will have to drive along the coast 50 miles or so to bring you Athletic Club Bilbao - Osasuna.

I can live with that, The new-look Athletic, coached by Caparros in a Basque derby in front of a sold old San Mames - the greatest ground in Spain and one we have to see before it is demolished. I'm quite excited by the prospect and also worried in case there is a further change of plan..

We will try and explain everything during tomorrow's game, whatever and wherever it is from.

Got a big headache.

From Paul again:

....now we hear it could be Valencia - Villarreal. Another derby. But this is madness. One of the strangest days of my life. It says it all that Real Madrid TV are not being allowed into Santiago Bernabeu. RMTV are Mediapro and don't have rights to cover their own club.

It is that bad.

Any one knows why they didn't show the game between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid today?
Welcome to the forum, toiday!
I've posted some updates from Paul Giblin, the WorldSportHD commentator. I hope this explains what's going on...

Well, still no word on what live game we will see on WorldSportHD today, if any.
(The guide lists "Barcelona vs. Osasuna" @ 2pm as a new game - but this is obviously wrong)
I gues we'll have to just wait and see.

In the meantime here are the first results from yesterday's matches:

Real Madrid - Atlético: 2-1
Sevilla - Getafe: 4-1
Murcia - Zaragoza: 2-1

Looks like the Barca game is off as well. This has got to be tough on GOL TV. La Liga has got to be their biggest draw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)