LA, SF Get New HD LiL Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Newshawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
OK
DirecTV launched KCAL 9 and KCOP 13 in HD in the Los Angeles market today. KCAL is an independent station and KCOP is the LA MyNetwork affiliate. This makes Los Angeles the fourth market to have all six major commercial networks available in HD from DirecTV, joining Sacramento, Dallas and Houston. Dallas and LA are presently also the only two markets where DirecTV provides seven local HD channels.

Add: San Francisco also got KBCW 44, the CW affiliate, in HD today, so now there are five markets with all six commercial networks available in HD.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update!

Great news really, as DirecTV is begining to fulfill its promise of adding the additional HD channels within the already lit up markets!

oooo, D* is looking better every day. Now I can toss out my OTA antenna and switch to DirecTV! Not that I watch those channels much anyways, except for Baseball games.

Thanks for the posting Newshawk!

I have actually called Directv a couple times since subscribing at the end of August requesting that they add these channels, mainly KCAL 9 which shows the Lakers' road games I think. I last called about a week ago but they made no mention of anything in the works.

The Lakers are on KCAL in HD right now playing the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I called KCAL today and a guy in the sports department told me all Lakers' games that KCAL broadcasts are in HD. That will be great.

Right on, now if we can get Directv to add WTTW (pbs wich should be coming with the new annoucement) in the chicago market and WCIU-DT (independant) Witch airs bulls, cubs and sox games in HD. We would be all set here in chicago with the exception of MTN wich airs occasional HD programming.

DirecTV launched KCAL 9 and KCOP 13 in HD in the Los Angeles market today. KCAL is an independent station and KCOP is the LA MyNetwork affiliate. This makes Los Angeles the fourth market to have all six major commercial networks available in HD from DirecTV, joining Sacramento, Dallas and Houston. Dallas and LA are presently also the only two markets where DirecTV provides seven local HD channels.

Add: San Francisco also got KBCW 44, the CW affiliate, in HD today, so now there are five markets with all six commercial networks available in HD.

KCAL 9 is great, but KCOP 13 does not even broadcast in HD, digitally yes, HD no.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)