Last & Next Movie Watched

Purge Anarchy and Ragnarok

I liked Purge 2, even better than the first. Frank Grillo makes a pretty good action guy. Ragnarok was OK, decent monster PG13 movie. Dub'd was a little cheesy, I probably should have watched with subtitles.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Fun freakin movie, nice to watch a super hero flick that didn't take itself too seriously but what still good. Great special f/x and PQ.

Might try and watch Maleficent tonight.

Watched the extended version of Major Dundee. Was interesting to note that the soundtrack (music) has been extensively redone and (IMO) fits the film better now than the original soundtrack, and they eliminated that absurd "bling-bling-bling" 3-tone sound they used every time Sierra Chariba is shown or mentioned or referred to in some manner. I already liked the movie and the changes (plus the addition of several scenes) really increased my enjoyment of it...

Automata

Odd flick, good for fans of sci fi.

The Giver

I liked it, felt it was a familiar story from previous movies. Ending leaves ya hanging a bit since I dont think they are making any more.

Amp barely got warm and I watched them back to back.

Maleficent

I liked the twist on the story, geared for younger folks though because the plot was kinda simple. I called the twist well before it happened. Didn't take from a fun flick if you can throw your adult hat out the window for 110 minutes.

Next up will be Ninja Turtles, probably Christmas night.

I liked Maleficent. Some guy at AVS said the audio was horrible. Crackling, etc. I heard no problems and thought the audio was top-notch.

S~

I didn't have any problems, and I had it cranked still testing out the new amp. I thought some scenes were a bit busy, but I experience that sometimes on 7.1 tracks, and I don't have a 7.1 system.

This Emotiva amp barely gets warm after an entire flick with high volume. Pretty amazing.

A bit behind. Watched Edge of Tomorrow yesterday morning. What a GREAT movie. Very creative. Biggest surprise though was it pretty much bombed in North America Box Office.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)