UHD Movie Deals

I was this from Xalmart ...

It says 4k Ultra HD Blu Ray ... then in the description below, it says resolution is 1080p

At a glance​

Movie genre
Science Fiction, Action
Has subtitles
Y
Is dubbed
Y
Resolution
1080p
Produced by
Paramount
Number of discs

SOOOOO .... Which is it ?
Perhaps there is also a non 4k disk in the package. That is the norm.

After looking thru some of what I do have (In Star Trek)
I do have the a 3 Blu Ray collection ... just says Star Trek on the cover (Blu ray).
3 Disc Digital Copy Special Edition ...

I don't see it anywhere, looking online, I'm gonna guess that I got it quite awhile ago, thou don't remember buying it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was this from Xalmart ...

It says 4k Ultra HD Blu Ray ... then in the description below, it says resolution is 1080p

At a glance​

Movie genre
Science Fiction, Action
Has subtitles
Y
Is dubbed
Y
Resolution
1080p
Produced by
Paramount
Number of discs

SOOOOO .... Which is it ?
It is 4K, I have it, but wait till it goes on sale, I bought it for under $30 on sale, wait till July for Prime Day.

First Contact looked the best in that set, Dolby Vision really punched up the colors, never seen Green look that great before.

Star Trek Strange New Worlds Seasons are on 4K also, now it looks great on Paramount+, on disc, so much better.

But I have a 85” 8K Sony Z9K , so when I get a great picture, the up converting makes it so much better.

So my opinion might be affected by that.

blu-ray.com
Thank You for the site ...

I am still hoping to find Star Trek The Next Generation in 4k.

Haven't seen anything Season wise in 4k.
Also haven't seen Picard (which is Much newer) in 4k.

Do we think that it Will be in 4k, just not yet, or would it already be out in 4k if it was going to be ?
Same goes for my other Titles, if they are not out now, they won't be ???

Do we think that it Will be in 4k, just not yet, or would it already be out in 4k if it was going to be ?
TV Show is 1080P on Blu-Ray, Paramount+, if you buy it via digital.

They will have to remaster every episode, redo all the special effects for 4K, just like they did for HD.

Picard was released as 1080P on Blu-Ray, do not know why.

Strange New Worlds is the only Star Trek Series to be released on 4K ( both seasons look great).

Movies are in 4K, both original cast and Next Generation.

The reason why we have not seen Deep Space 9 in HD, is the money it would cost to redo the effects , which was shot at the lower resolution of that time, those war heavy, space battle episodes would cost a lot to make them HD, let alone 4K.

Last edited:
There was a similar discussion around “Babylon 5” regarding an HD version. Even though the actors were filmed with 35mm film, all of the special effects were done on NTSC Commodore Amigas with Video Toasters. It was fine for the 1990s syndication, but the early attempts at HD looked atrocious. Unfortunately, most of the digital Lightwave models were deleted or otherwise lost, so re-rendering at a higher resolution was not an option.

HBO Max had done some incredible work in the last decade which made watching the show in HD possible. Unfortunately, the HD revealed the issues with the set design and makeup. A space station designed to protect against the vacuum of space should not have walls that “wiggle” and “flex” when beings brush by them.

You just have to ignore those failures as a sign of times and a limit of what could be done given the tools and budget the show runners were given.

On sale at Amazon, might be today only since it is First Contact Day, the first 6 Movies Set for $76, which makes each movie about $12.66, then the Next Generation 4 Movie set for $64, makes each movie about $16 each.

Since the individual discs sell for over $30, a very good but not great deal.