Latest BLU RAY Ordered or Bought

It's no debate for me in regards to Dark City. I have a scratched DVD of it and I just can't buy into the nay-sayers out there on it. It seems that the so called "videophiles" out there are on a personal crusage to eliminate all restoration efforts in catalog titles, yet these will be the first ones to bitch that a tranfer was too grainy or edeges were blurred.

It's a great sci-fi flick, if you don't own it, it's a no-brainer if you like sci-fi.

Btw, did you ever get starship troopers UK? You mention it back in late 2007.

Oh yes, let me add a few more titles I picked up used
Kingdom of Heaven
We are marshall
Invincible
Simpsons Movie

Last edited:
I generally dont worry with the nitpickers, if I like the movie it does not matter to me. Ive just been dragging my feet, think Ill order it next week.

I held off on the UK ST's in hopes itd come out here. Glad I did, plan on picking it up on release.

I'm up in the air... I hear that PQ wise, the US/UK releases are identical. But SQ, the UK release with PCM is bit punchier than the US TrueHD release.

The UK one can be had for US pricing now on many forums and sites and I am wonder if I won't buy both and decide for myself and sell the other copy.

Seems odd, but it's almost unanimous with people who have both releases that the UK sounds better. I already have the US one on pre-order (dropped my box set per-order at amazon, I just can't fathom watching part 2 again)

People over at Highdefdigest were selling them for $20 at most. Blu-ray.com traders had them about the same price.

Amazon.Uk has it part of their 3for2 deal. Since the announcement of the US version, more people are discounting the UK version.

Just got The Longest Day and Knights Tale. Also bought some new toys Onkyo 606, pair of Polk Monitor 50's, 4-Polk Monitor 30's. I think the theater is now complete :)

Its been a fun afternoon and evening, tweaking things for the right effect. The Audyssey 2EQ auto speaker setup made the speaker configuration a breeze. Wife has watch Longest Day, Flight of the Phoenix, and has started Pearl Harbor. Her only complaint how many remotes. She has just authorized the purchase of a Harmony to make life easier.

For those like me who pre-ordered the US Starship troopers, the Highdefdigest review is up
Blu-ray Review: Starship Troopers | High-Def Digest

One comment is causing me concern:
Also of note: the TrueHD track seems to be a few frames out of sync with the picture. It's close enough that the movie remains watchable, but the inaccurate sync is distracting every so often.

I am 50/50 now on this, I HATE audio sync problems and it's just quirk I think would really aggrivate me.

Yep, I just got my UK copy on ebay, Shipped/sealed, $18 I'm still waiting to hear more on the sync issue before I cancel my pre-order though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)