Latest software for Hopper- Joey

handymantoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
northeast
I am having problems with my Joey. OTA pixilates, and menu runs slow. This is conventional Hopper no internal sling, and Joey is also standard. I want to make sure I have latest software on both.

What software do you currently have? I beleive the H2K is S602 or something like that, and can't remember what the Joey is... I'm a little behind but I beleive S478 was fairly recent. (My roommates use the Joeys so I rarely interact with the Joeys).

Software should have nothing to do with the pixelation. What are your signal strengths?

It's probably 99% likely that you have the latest software. It's hard not to have it - it comes automatically and you really can't stop it.

How long have you had pixellation problem ?
Pixilation is no longer a problem with OTA must have been some type of temporary interference, but Joey is still very slow. The software version is S388. The uninformed dish tech said I had old software and he was going to refresh in the next 10 min. Even I know that he does not have that ability.

It's probably 99% likely that you have the latest software. It's hard not to have it - it comes automatically and you really can't stop it.

How long have you had pixellation problem ?
The pixilation problem went away. Must of been some temporary local interference.

The software I have is S388. The Dish tech I was on the phone with said I had old software and for me to do a refresh and he would send the upgrade. To my knowledge the tech has no control to send an update, as you said they come out automatically. The software never changed surprise surprise. That is why I asked what is the latest software.

The uninformed dish tech said I had old software and he was going to refresh in the next 10 min
You should have insisted on staying on the line with him/her until it updated ;)

I don't know off-hand what the latest Joey s/w is. I do remember S376 recently and an update since then, so S388 sounds reasonable!

I have having the same issues. If I open the guide the live channel top left corner starts crackling and the system now is really slow. Putting in channel numbers is a nightmare. Sometimes I have to open the guide and then input the channel number for it to even recognize. Software before Jan 2015 was running really smooth.

I have having the same issues. If I open the guide the live channel top left corner starts crackling and the system now is really slow. Putting in channel numbers is a nightmare. Sometimes I have to open the guide and then input the channel number for it to even recognize. Software before Jan 2015 was running really smooth.
Typical of DISH new software breaks a working system. Contact a DIRT rep.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Typical of DISH new software breaks a working system. Contact a DIRT rep.
I have the current software and not experiencing any of the above problems, except for slowness, which began long before the update.

Last edited:
Have you done a pull plug reboot of both Hopper and Joey?

I have been having the same issues. I thought it was my Harmony remote I just replaced but the Dish remote does the same. Typing channel numbers is a nightmare. Anyone come up with a solution? Or just the software getting too bloated for the hardware?

And forgot to add I also get the breaking up picture when the guide is open. This was a problem with an earlier version of software that had been resolved.

I have a Hopper and a Hopper With Sling having these exact same issues. To me, it started after a recent update. But in reality, both have hardware issues and are being replaced. Its not a signal issue since it will occur with on demand content. Both systems would pause, become slow, pixilate and now one of them just continually reboots. I have replacements in the mail.

I have a Hopper and a Hopper With Sling having these exact same issues. To me, it started after a recent update. But in reality, both have hardware issues and are being replaced. Its not a signal issue since it will occur with on demand content. Both systems would pause, become slow, pixilate and now one of them just continually reboots. I have replacements in the mail.

I'm having the same problem. Had 3 techs out in the last week and they've done more harm than good. Did you receive your new hopper and did it help? I got a new hopper 2 days ago after having these issues and it still has this same problem. Getting close to switching to Direct TV....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)