LCD vs. CRT with overscan

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
On the Discovery Networks. Wow I like how I can see black running from top to bottom of about an inch on both sides of the screen helping me realize it's a stretched picture on my LCD :rolleyes:, I would have never seen this on my CRT.

I don't have that problem on my plasma. We have 4 picture ratios to choose from and the dish box is supposed to have a couple has well. Maybe something is wrong with them.

On the Discovery Networks. Wow I like how I can see black running from top to bottom of about an inch on both sides of the screen helping me realize it's a stretched picture on my LCD :rolleyes:, I would have never seen this on my CRT.

I don't think those programs are stretched, they are SD programs that are slightly zoomed to fill more of a 16:9 screen. Either way, I don't like it.

And I see it on my RP CRT. :)

Discovery does this on all of their networks (except HD Theater) when they are broadcasting anything that is in 4:3 aspect ratio. They zoom instead of distorting the image. I like it a lot better than stretching the image like the turner networks do.

I like it a lot better than stretching the image like the turner networks do.

Yea but still the old argument is to show it correctly in the first place and let me decide whether or not I want to zoom in. Who knows... maybe the zoom is something I would prefer to decide on depending on the program. Just an idea. :D

zoom feature

I too have a crt that has diff. aspect scalers for better viewing of
assorted content broadcast styles, but I prefer to use dish's format
button on sd pictures and usually use the partial zoom one when seeing a cropped picture on a HD channel. Seems to look much better than changing tv aspect all the time and people don't look as if they have had a bout with a steamroller. (short and fat!!!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts