Lifetime Gets Backup in EchoStar Spat

Woman's point of view.

Really two women's points of view. My Mom and I get the Dish everything pak. We have not watched Lifetime Movie channel in ages, because we got tired of women being abused, raped, killed, etc, granted in the end she will overcome, but I will pass on the first part, and most of their movies are like that. As for Lifetime, how many times can you watch the Golden Girls?
I cannot believe that Lifetime would degrade the fight for women's rights with a channel price negotiations with Dish. I do everything I can for fight for equal pay, work equality, to stop sexual abuse, spousal abuse, etc etc etc. It is insulting to the true fight for "human" rights to equate it with a business deal. It will only make things worse for the next woman who tries to make a business deal, the opposite party wondering if someone will pull the sexist card. I do know that many woman are shorted in business but lets be honest here. Charlie is a hard negotiator, whether it is Mickey Mouse, turkey hunters, or hockey players. They are being treated equally.
If anyone is buying Lifetime equating this with the fight for women's rights, then they need to go back and review what morally matters to them.
:bow

What's most disappointing is these legitimate woman's issues groups are joining in this business fight. It makes you question their credibility.

It only confirms that the "rights" and "advocacy" groups have become corrupted by money and power.

After all, if the message is so important, why try to extort money out of people to provide it? Wouldn't you think, if Lifetime and LMN were so vital, they would provide the service at the lowest price they could offer to make enough money to keep the business going.

Then again, spin it all they want, Lifetime networks is a FOR PROFIT company, not some women's charity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)