Like your PS3?

Guessing you don't actually have a 360 then, the only size limit was on Live Arcade games, which was like 150mb or something.. there have since been almost 300mb Live arcade games. I also believe one of the add on packs for GRAW was over 1gb... there is no limit on patch/DLC size....

I do not have a 360, but what you state about the MS DLC/Patch size is not correct, at least according to Gordon Van Dyke, who led the develpment team at Dice for BF:BC. 200KB Clan Support Feature! - Page 2 - Electronic Arts UK Community

MS limits the size of title updates, PS3 does not according to Gordon.

The OP did not ask for a comparison of he 360 and PS3, he asked what our thoughts on the PS3 were. Not trying to be a fan boy, but if I spent $200 on a 360, I would still have to spend $250 on a BR player. Instead, I spent $399 and got both. Plus, another huge advantage, on PS3 network play is free, you to not have to subscribe to any service for it. Needless to say, my wife would put the kibbosh on me doing that real quick.

We'll agree to disagree here then, because 2gb of DLC I have for GRAW says that dev is full of it or unwilling to workaround that restriction, and we've already gone round and round about the rest, that can stay in other threads. As the owner of only one of the HD consoles it's clear where your loyalties lie.

Sony is also coming out with a bluetooth wireless keypad for the PS3 on 11/26
to make entering text on line easier :) The keypad attaches right to your controller.

Gamestop.com - Buy PS3 Wireless Keypad - Playstation 3
You can also hook up a wireless Logitech keyboard and use that as well. I'm not sure exactly which ones work, but I have one and it worked fine just with plugging it in. I'm not sure if it would work in games, but it did work in the XMB and web browser.

Thanks for the info. Like I said I'm just interested in the blue ray movie playback. I do have a Netflix account now and would buy a PS3 in a heartbeat if I could have a free online service to watch "movies now". I am not sure that Sony will partner with Netflix now or even soon. With some of the new BD players out now with the option to play Netflix now and pay less than the $400 PS3 entry fee. Game play would be cool though (My kids: "Buy it Dad" Sure, we already have PS2, XBox, Two-XBox360's and a Wii for crying out loud).

What about the USB ports? Can you add an external hard drive or media stuff to it?
(I have a bunch of movies on usb hard drives.)

Thanks for the info. Like I said I'm just interested in the blue ray movie playback. I do have a Netflix account now and would buy a PS3 in a heartbeat if I could have a free online service to watch "movies now". I am not sure that Sony will partner with Netflix now or even soon. With some of the new BD players out now with the option to play Netflix now and pay less than the $400 PS3 entry fee. Game play would be cool though (My kids: "Buy it Dad" Sure, we already have PS2, XBox, Two-XBox360's and a Wii for crying out loud).

What about the USB ports? Can you add an external hard drive or media stuff to it?

The modern ones have 2 USB ports. Again, the old 60 GB and 80 GB bundles had 4 ports.

I've played music from external storage (flash/HDD), but don't have experience with video content. Here's the info from the online user manual for video playback: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/video/video.html PS3™ | Types of files that can be played.

You can also stream photos, music, video from your PC over your home netword without 3rd party software like PlayOn or Tversity, though you will need WMP11. (I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but the PS3 has built in wireless, which is a big plus.)

It's hard to tell about the Netflix stuff, it may never be supported for all we know. MS is introducing it to a platform with a mature Video on Demand solution in the Video Marketplace, and Sony has only had this in place for a number of months or a year maybe, though competition could dictate they go that route sooner rather than later. The move makes sense, can just see why they wouldn't make it, even when it may make sense to us.

Also keep an eye out for deals, you should have a lot of opportunities to get a PS3 at less than $400.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts