LIN and D* reach agreement

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd like my CW hd in Birmingham.

It is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group. Anyone know what kind of relationship they have with Direct??

Sinclair and D* have had an agreement for a few years. My ABC is Sinclair owned and is available on D*.

Although some markets get the CW from D*, in most of the markets in which D* transmists HD locals, the CW isn't available. However, the hope is when D11 comes online, D* will add both the CW and PBS to existing markets.

Now that DirecTV should have a complete lineup of Indianapolis HD locals and they have the Brazilian channels for my wife, this is almost enough to make me jump ship from Dish. I just wish they could do something to make that HD DVR more responsive.

Hoogah!! Hoogah!! Hoogah!!

Well now with this I almost don't even need my antenna anymore, which is good since WTNH has been extra spotty as of late. Any hope of this being activated before the finals are over?

Are they live yet? I am at work and want to check but can't. This is great news. I'll now be able to watch Packer games in HD without an OTA.

Ditto that here. I don't have the OTA option though as I am too far away. Good job FOX 11.

A poster at dbstalk said Directv told him MAYBE Wednesday of this week. That's for his dma, I haven't heard anything about the others. No matter how you figure it, THIS IS VERY GOOD NEWS! Now if we can get PBS in hd, all will be right with the world. ;)
Hopefully it'll happen before the Finals are over. I don't get it: Up until the last few months, WTNH ABC always had the best signal for me. Now trying to get it is super annoying, and I have to totally readjust my antenna which then knocks out the signal to my other locals.
I just hope the signal on D* isn't degraded that much, because the OTA version isn't that great to begin with. Thank god it isn't as bad as WVIT NBC.

In a message from our DirecTV contact they clarified when to expect these to be live:

Target is the Fall (like with any home remodel or construction project, exact timing is reliant on many factors and parties involved)

With the deal being set now, its a matter of working toward bringing these live.

I believe it was a very short time between the time DirecTV signed the deal with Tribune, and the time they turned on our local Tribune owned stations (CW and FOX). Hopefully it will be the same with the LIN stations here in CT.

I just emailed WTNH and got a real response from their program manager. He said that DirecTV hasn't given them a launch date or timeframe just yet. He will try and get back to me when he gets the info. It would be awesome if it's before the end of the NBA Finals, but then again I hope the Celtics wrap it up in just 2 more games!

According to posts I've read, our local LIN owned CBS affiliate WIVB said they'd be up on D* in HD tomorrow 6/11 during last night's newscast. We already have 3 other locals in HD, so it's not like D* would be starting from scratch here in Buffalo. I guess we'll know for sure in the morning.

According to posts I've read, our local LIN owned CBS affiliate WIVB said they'd be up on D* in HD tomorrow 6/11 during last night's newscast. We already have 3 other locals in HD, so it's not like D* would be starting from scratch here in Buffalo. I guess we'll know for sure in the morning.

Sweet, I hope the same goes for Connecticut and our ABC affiliate at least, if not also our MyTV affiliate.

I sure hope tomorrow is the day for Green Bay, WI. I called my local LIN station, and talked with the chief engineer. He said he didn’t know when they were going to be on DirecTV and referred me to DirecTV’s engineer’s. Currently I have ABC, CBS, and NBC in HD via satellite. Sure would be nice to get FOX too.

Last edited:
Sweet, I hope the same goes for Connecticut and our ABC affiliate at least, if not also our MyTV affiliate.

A poster at dbstalk said he got an email from WTNH saying they would be in hd on Directv tomorrow.

I am hearing from DirecTV that some of these new LIN channels will probably not be available until this fall. A lot of work needs to be done to bring these channels in house and get them turned around and uplinked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.