LNB drift fixed?

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
For months I had LNB drift detected on 77W, which is where I get my locals from. The only symptom I noticed was that when I would tune to a local channel, sometimes I would get a "Channel Signal Loss" message, but usually a channel up/channel down would work in getting the channel tuned.

Tonight, I checked the system info screen, and everything checked out as "good", with no LNB drift message displayed. I can no longer reproduce the channel loss message when tuning to a local channel now. Strange that the drift seems to have disappeared.

I'm in Florida, my friend. The heat and humidity has been constant for the last 3 months. :)

Reactions: TheKrell
You can sometimes have "LNB drift" for months maybe longer and not have a single issue. If you saw it I'd go ahead and replace the LNB otherwise you may end up with a bunch of issues during a time you really want to watch something.

Also keep in mind that a nearby neighboring satellite has the same frequencies as 77 so if a separate 18 inch dish was used to receive 77 then the signal may go out. I put a larger dish when my locals were on 77 in the past and it fixed the problem for me.

Are you using the triple lnb Dish 1000?

Also keep in mind that a nearby neighboring satellite has the same frequencies as 77 so if a separate 18 inch dish was used to receive 77 then the signal may go out. I put a larger dish when my locals were on 77 in the past and it fixed the problem for me.

Are you using the triple lnb Dish 1000?
Yep. 1000.4. Getting the strongest signal numbers from 77, too. But that just may be the different scale of the QSPK modulation.

there is a reason why its called electrical theory and not law because electrical signals/electricity only does what it supposed to 99% of the time, the other 1% it does what ever it wants. you know what this 1% is called FM F=%&^(%) M=magic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)