LNB Power

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
I have a TechnoTrend S2-3600 USB tuner and am using DVBViewer and I can't get LNB power anymore.
Does anybody know where, at least in DVBViewer I can turn LNB power on?
Other issue likely related is that diseqc commands don't work from the TT anymore either.

I hooked up a pansat 2500 and everything worked fine but off of the TT it doesn't work.

TIA

I don't have the 3600, but most tuners feed the LNB power and DiSEqC commands through a choke. This is an easy part to blow if the coax gets shorted somehow, like making or breaking connections when the 3600 is already on. A choke might not be that hard to replace. However you need LNB power for DiSEqC devices, so unless you put a scope on the jack, I'm not sure one can conclude the DiSEqC output is dead. That expands the possible problem set unfortunately to DC voltage converters, etc.

I have a TechnoTrend S2-3600 USB tuner and am using DVBViewer and I can't get LNB power anymore.
Does anybody know where, at least in DVBViewer I can turn LNB power on?
Other issue likely related is that diseqc commands don't work from the TT anymore either.

I hooked up a pansat 2500 and everything worked fine but off of the TT it doesn't work.

TIA

I couldn't find where to turn it on/off in DVBViewer either, so guess you'll have to wait for someone more familiar with it.
You can check the output for power with a short piece of coax and a cheap DMM, and see if it is sending 13/18VDC.

I checked for output already but there was 0volt on it. I might have to install the technotrend stuff that came with it. It was in that software, but was buried and was a nightmare to find (crappy program that it is)
maybe I'll put the o-scope on it and give it diseqc commands and see what I can see.. might be a cool thing to do anyway ;-)

Is the f connector coming out of the box still nice and tight? I don't have the 3600usb,but my 3200 PCI broke the connection just screwing the coax on by finger.I don't think they are are very generous on the solder joint there for something that gets alot of use.

Last edited:
Which drivers are you using?
The WDM drivers were flaky for me (didn't work more often than did).

I dunno about an autopsy.. if I use the pansat at the same time the 3600 works fine. I just haven't had any time recently to mess around with it.. busy busy busy.. trying to finish up school, kids were sick etc.

at some point I'll mess around with it again.. soon.. I would just hate to break it since I bought it in Germany and cant easily do anything to replace or send for repair.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)