Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
been out of the hobby for a bit, just jumping back in,

previous experience is mainly a motorized 1.0M KU dish (which i still have) and DVB-S receivers,

i have just ordered a geosatpro 3500 HD (not here yet), hoping it will get me a lot more then my previous DVB-S SD receivers

i have an invacom qph-031 lnb on my motorized KU dish, should i stick with this? or is there anything else out there that will give better signal quality? although this LNB seems to be doing fine,

i don't really use the circular ports, as there is not much out there that i know of on the circular side??????

i have also recently purchased a 1.8M digiwave prime focus dish to experiment with on c-band, i think it will mainly be aimed at 99w but i will probably play around with it at other satellites,

i have a DMX241 LNB that i used to use to experiment with on a mini-bud, is this a suitable LNB to use on my new 1.8M? or should i be buying something else? the 1.8M will be used only for c-band as i have my motorized KU dish already

The Titanium C1-PLL will net you a better signal than the DMX241. Especially if you use it with a CS1 conical scalar.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Agree with previous posts - grab one of Titanium's PLL lbnfs. They are excellent at locking weaker or marginal signals, are not subject to frequency drift with age and the C1-PLL has a WiMax filter built in to help eliminate interference from 4G LTE and WiFi. :)

The flat scalar is designed for properly illuminating a low FD ratio dish and the conical scalar is for high FD ratio dishes. Typically a prime focus dish has a low FD and an offset type has a high FD ratio.

The included flat scalar would be appropriate for the Digiwave 1.8 prime focus. :)

Reactions: FaT Air
thanks for the replies,

i don't want to turn this into a mini bud thread, but.....

do you guys think i would have had better luck with my mini bud using the Titanium C1-PLL instead of my DMX241?....i was able to get a few TPs on 99w with reliable signal, wondering how much more i might have picked up with the Titanium C1-PLL

Hard to say 'what more' you'd get, but my quarter is bet on what you do get now will be even more reliable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)