LNBF QPH-031 Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
I just got a new Invacom QPH-031 LNBF and I have trying to get it to work.
If what I read you take a DISEqC Switch and run a cable from a L & C on lnbf to the switch in and one cable out to the motor to the RX correct?

If so I have no signal at the reciever, I have a Fortec Ultra the dish is a 90cm Fortec and a new one should be on the way I ordered a 100cm and that should be no problem with the lnbf problem because of the wt.

Anyone with any ideas?

Richard

Did you change the setting for LNB to standard and did you asign switch number to each cable on your disque switch?
Reinhold

I didn't change the lnbs to standard left as unversal.
Any thing else need to be changed, I am new this fta and multi feeds so please bare with me.

Richard

Did you change the setting for LNB to standard and did you asign switch number to each cable on your disque switch?
Reinhold

The qph-031 is a standard lnb for the linear side, not universal. Make the appropriate change in your receiver and you should be good to go.

For the circular side you'll need a LO of 11250 MHz.

Also, make sure you know which port of the Diseqc switch goes to which output of the lnb!

I didn't change the lnbs to standard left as unversal.
Any thing else need to be changed, I am new this fta and multi feeds so please bare with me.

Richard

Put diseqc port 1 to the L port of the QPH. This should be set as Standard with a LO of 10750.

Put diseqc port 2 to the C port of the QPH. This should be set as Standard with a LO of 11250.

Put the diseqc switch after the motor too.

Hello mrweather,

IU will have to check it tomorrow it is dark here now and snowing a little.

Thanks for the info.

Richard

The qph-031 is a standard lnb for the linear side, not universal. Make the appropriate change in your receiver and you should be good to go.

For the circular side you'll need a LO of 11250 MHz.

Also, make sure you know which port of the Diseqc switch goes to which output of the lnb!

Hello,

I will have to set up the cables like you said Tuesday it is dark here now and snowing a little it that time of the year.

What do you mean here, I guess I don't understand which way from the motor.

"Put the diseqc switch after the motor too."

Put diseqc port 1 to the L port of the QPH. This should be set as Standard with a LO of 10750.

Put diseqc port 2 to the C port of the QPH. This should be set as Standard with a LO of 11250.

Put the diseqc switch after the motor too.

Hello,

I will have to set up the cables like you said Tuesday it is dark here now and snowing a little it that time of the year.

What do you mean here, I guess I don't understand which way from the motor.

"Put the diseqc switch after the motor too."

Coax goes from the set top box to the input on the motor. Out from the motor output port to the diseqc switch's input port. Then two cables from port 1 and port 2 to the QPH.

That is the way I have it setup, but I will double check tomorrow when the sun comes up maybe.

Thanks

Richard

Coax goes from the set top box to the input on the motor. Out from the motor output port to the diseqc switch's input port. Then two cables from port 1 and port 2 to the QPH.

Maybe I missed another post or something but hoster, did you verify that you can get a signal at all from the lnb without the motor or switch involved?

When I setup my fta, I ran an extension cable and setup a little tv out by the dish and got my whole setup working at my True South sat before I introduced a motor and switch. I had to dish mounted on the motor, but did not use the receiver to move the dish, I zero'd the motor and dish and adjusted things by hand until I got a signal, then I locked things down and went on from there.

Hello,

I had it all set up running with the motor on and I got the new LNBF today and I wanted to try it out.
So I ninsatted the switch and than nothing was working any more.
So Iam wanting tell Tue to do the setup that the othere made.
I bekieave I have everything correct but need to check it out when the sun is up and not snowing out.
I used a Birdog to tune the dish.

Richard

Maybe I missed another post or something but hoster, did you verify that you can get a signal at all from the lnb without the motor or switch involved?

When I setup my fta, I ran an extension cable and setup a little tv out by the dish and got my whole setup working at my True South sat before I introduced a motor and switch. I had to dish mounted on the motor, but did not use the receiver to move the dish, I zero'd the motor and dish and adjusted things by hand until I got a signal, then I locked things down and went on from there.

Ok, just checking :)

Anyways, I would still eliminate the switch and just hook into the lnb and see what you get. Hook into the L side since you are used to that with your receiver. Make sure you get a signal that way, then add the switch back.

What disec did you set your receiver for? For my QPH, I have my merc II set for disec 1.0, then L and C outputs are considered different LNB's which correspond to the port on the switch I have them hooked into.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts