Local channels from different city!

6.7Cummins

Original poster
Sep 22, 2010
MD
I recently subscribed to Dish. I currenty live in Hagerstown, MD. I was wondering if it is possible to get Philadelphia local channels instead of DC. If so how? I think I have the VIP222 or something like that. I'm at work. I would assume I am on the same sat as philly.

Thanks in advance.

then you did it wrong. You dont tell Dish you want locals from another market. You just call them up and tell them you moved and there is already a dish up and working. Give them the new "physical address" but you want to keep the billing the same and they'll change it

Heck you can even do it via chat (last I heard)

then you did it wrong. You dont tell Dish you want locals from another market. You just call them up and tell them you moved and there is already a dish up and working. Give them the new "physical address" but you want to keep the billing the same and they'll change it

Heck you can even do it via chat (last I heard)
Yep do it on the Online chat. Tell them exactly what Iceberg just told you.

You don't tell them you want locals from another market.:)

I'm confused as to the reason anyone would ever want to do that?

Yes, I'm moving, this will be my new address, however, keep sending my bill to the old address. It seems so unlikely, I don't understand how Dish just complies with the request.

Is it really that simple? I live in an area with no HD locals, and I want them. I don't care from what area. What happens if Dish finds out, like if I need a tech to come to my house and he uses the new address?

I'm confused as to the reason anyone would ever want to do that?

Yes, I'm moving, this will be my new address, however, keep sending my bill to the old address. It seems so unlikely, I don't understand how Dish just complies with the request.

easy. When I called D* to "move" my address I told them I needed the billing address to stay the same as "that address is where the bills are sent to and if you want to get paid it needs to go there" :)

you dont think there are people out there with a service address and a billing address that is different? We have a lake house about 2 1/2 hours away and all the bills come to the house in Minneapolis (electric, propane, telephone, etc)

Is it really that simple? I live in an area with no HD locals, and I want them. I don't care from what area. What happens if Dish finds out, like if I need a tech to come to my house and he uses the new address?
You Pray you don't need a Tech while your moved.

Put it this way I never Needed a tech in 3 years I was with E*, So It wasn't an issue.
But move back, Its a small price to pay if you want HD locals and your market doesn't have them.

Don't be fooled Dish knows what your trying to do, they just look the other way, as long as your not a pain about it you'll be fine.

Don't more back and forth every month.

as a sidenote to the above comment about the svc & billing being different when I worked in telecom we'd get business customers who would say the exact same thing
"If you want to get your money you MUST send it to this address"

you dont think there are people out there with a service address and a billing address that is different? We have a lake house about 2 1/2 hours away and all the bills come to the house in Minneapolis (electric, propane, telephone, etc)
Exactly, All my Bills go to my office address. Which is 1/4 mile away from my House. Funny thing is, My officeis in Pike county and my house is in Wayne.
Pike is NY DMA
Wayne is Scranton Wilkes-Barre PA.
So my move is simple.:D

my move was simple too...used a buddy's house that has so much of a tree line LOS issue that unless he put up a TV antenna tower to mount it on he'll never have satellite...

When I called I told them my primary home was in PA. And I had a second home in MD. And told them I wanted my local philly channels. They said they would be blocked!

When I called I told them my primary home was in PA. And I had a second home in MD. And told them I wanted my local philly channels. They said they would be blocked!

You still gave them too much info! When I moved the first time, I told them that I had bought a house and will be living in it while I remodel it, and to keep sending my bills to my current billing address, because I will be moving back there in a few months.

Yep, keep it short and sweet.

I just used to say , I moved to this address, so I want the locals for that city, But keep my billing address the same because I don't receive mail at my Service address, only my office.