Local HD Directv vs. Dish

The advantage of HD LiL is getitng the regional RSN's.

I don't think so. I don't watch those RSN channels so why to add it and pay for it?
I believe the advantage of HD channels is to add most popular HD channels(when is available) so the majority of subcribers can enjoy.:D

Jose.

Ok Mike, Dish offers SD Local Channels to 95% of the viewers and DirecTv has 93% and you call that way ahead. On HD LiL Dish offers 50% where as DirecTV offers it to 74% of the TV market and you state Dish is behind. Interesting choice of words.

I didn't word that to be anything but the truth as I see it. DIsh does lead in sd locals in 174 markets which leaves about 38 more dmas to finish the country. I don't know how many cities that Directv has in hd but I do know that they lead Dish in hd locals. I don't know what Dish has in mind in regard to hd locals but they do have two sats at 61.5 sat and there are spotbeams on that old sat from Voom, which they could use to do more hd locals possibly. The 129 sat is supposed to be replaced in 2007 and if they were smart they would add a spotbeam sat up there in place of the weak one and add even more hd locals. But as I said do not know Dish's long range goal for hd locals. Directv has posted their hd locals plans for at least a year or more.

I didn't word that to be anything but the truth as I see it. DIsh does lead in sd locals in 174 markets which leaves about 38 more dmas to finish the country. I don't know how many cities that Directv has in hd but I do know that they lead Dish in hd locals. I don't know what Dish has in mind in regard to hd locals but they do have two sats at 61.5 sat and there are spotbeams on that old sat from Voom, which they could use to do more hd locals possibly. The 129 sat is supposed to be replaced in 2007 and if they were smart they would add a spotbeam sat up there in place of the weak one and add even more hd locals. But as I said do not know Dish's long range goal for hd locals. Directv has posted their hd locals plans for at least a year or more.

I believe it will be spotbeam capable but the problem is 129W is NOT E*'s slot. They will be leasing some of the capacity there. The launch is also 2008.

http://www.cielsatellite.ca/satellites.html

I believe it will be spotbeam capable but the problem is 129W is NOT E*'s slot. They will be leasing some of the capacity there. The launch is also 2008.

http://www.cielsatellite.ca/satellites.html

And a quick count shows us that E* is currently using 75% of the transponder capacity on 129W, thus they will loose 33% of their transponders capacity - even though SOME transponders maybe be spotbeam in the future.

And given everyone's history with Satellites lately, I wonder if this will even make it into operation by 2007?

I don't think so. I don't watch those RSN channels so why to add it and pay for it?
I believe the advantage of HD channels is to add most popular HD channels(when is available) so the majority of subcribers can enjoy.:D

Jose.

Well you don't pay anything extra for Local HD and RSN's. They are apart of the Local Channel package. Now when National HD are added you can bet there will be a price increase. That's when you will be paying for channels you may not watch.

DHPP Pricing...

Dish 1000+ Pole

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)