Locals HD video lock-up...

MartyMcFly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
Hello,
I live at 54929(Clintonville,WI). I have Dish Network and an OTA anntenae for my Locals in HD. I am using the 411 HD reciever. My TV a 42" LG LCD has a anntenae jack on the back...Which works great. Also my 411 has the OTA signal integrator. Meaning that my locals from the anntena will show up on my dish "on-screen guide". Problem is that when hooked up thru my Dish reciever my local keep dropping in and out and the video will lock up and I need to reset the whole system to get it working...
Does anyone know what is wrong???

You do not give us any information on your antenna setup but to get stable reception you will need a fringe antenna with an amplifier. The unstable signals you are getting (garbage) are locking up your receiver. Sounds like the 411 has a slightly weaker tuner than the TV.

Well I have a VU-90XR antenna from Radio Shack. I did get the HD cable. But I did not get any type of amplifier. I have noticed that when I plug it in to the TV ant. jack the locals look sharper than if I plug them into the 411 reciever. The only reason I want to go thru the Dish Network reciever is then the locals show up in my Dish Network on screen guide. Otherwise its a pain in the ass to switch from the ant. to the dish for 6 channels...
Thing is that when i hook the ant. thru my dish reciever it says that I have anywhere between 75% and 90% signal strength. Just about the same as when I hook it up to the TV ant jack...

MartyMcFly said:
Hello,
I live at 54929(Clintonville,WI). I have Dish Network and an OTA anntenae for my Locals in HD. I am using the 411 HD reciever. My TV a 42" LG LCD has a anntenae jack on the back...Which works great. Also my 411 has the OTA signal integrator. Meaning that my locals from the anntena will show up on my dish "on-screen guide". Problem is that when hooked up thru my Dish reciever my local keep dropping in and out and the video will lock up and I need to reset the whole system to get it working...
Does anyone know what is wrong???

Just a suggestion (cuz I don't really understand this stuff). Try deleting all your OTA channels and rescanning. The other thing is maybe one of your local stations has some screwed up data in it's stream in which case you could try not scanning at all and instead add each channel in one at a time and take note of when the trouble starts.

If it is a particular channel and you can isolate it, then you can call the station engineer and maybe get it straightened out. Sometimes there's a little glitch in the signal that only bothers certain tuners and the station has no way of knowing unless someone stumbles across it.

Well now that you mention it I think it does seem to be screwing up on 2 different channels. My WIWB 14 and WLUK Fox 11. especiall on Fox 11. I think Ill call them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)