Looking for a new Roku

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
The more I think about it, I might give my current one to my parents and get my Sister the Roku stick (current model with 4k and a remote) whichever one that is, mainly because I could connect it to the back of the TV and it would be out of sight, seeing thier TV is hanging now.
And get myself the Premiere + ... :biggrin

Seeing I have a Roku now, I want to keep everyone using the same brand, so when questions arise, I know what they are talking about.

These are Christmas things, done early. :raspberry

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
Walmart was offering ridiculous closeout prices in store a week or two ago on last year's Roku models, including the Premiere+. They might be all gone now as the deal was making the rounds in Roku SM groups.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Walmart was offering ridiculous closeout prices in store a week or two ago on last year's Roku models, including the Premiere+. They might be all gone now as the deal was making the rounds in Roku SM groups.

That's where I got my second one

Last edited:

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Well, I ended up getting a Premier + from Costco for $79 ... better than BB @ $99.
Also got the newest version of the stick for my Sister, I think it was also $ 69 from BB.

I'll set mine up probably tomorrow.

I'm hoping that they use the same Remote codes thruout so that I won't have to reprogram my URC 890 remote ...

Reactions: norman881

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
I'm hoping that they use the same Remote codes thruout so that I won't have to reprogram my URC 890 remote ...
IIRC, the Rokus are pretty much all Wi-fi controlled (versus IR) so you would need something more than just the hand-held URC remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)