Looking for a New TV

I appreciate everyones input.

It looks like Vizio ,LG, and even Possibly I may Give Samsung another Go.

But I have a Feeling I'll end up with Vizio E series maybe the M series, or a Samsung.

My wife would kill me if I put my Current 60 inch Vizio in my bedroom, and get a New 60+ inch 4k tv.
OK, so, I'm planing ahead for your funeral, what whould you like us to eat? Witch casket? OR, we got access to a navy base to hide you so she does not kill you. I think you have to lay low for a while tho.

OK, so, I'm planing ahead for your funeral, what whould you like us to eat? Witch casket? OR, we got access to a navy base to hide you so she does not kill you. I think you have to lay low for a while tho.
Well I doubt there will be a Body,
let alone a buffet.

Only trace would be a Smashed 4K tv outside for garbage pickup.

Well I doubt there will be a Body,
let alone a buffet.

Only trace would be a Smashed 4K tv outside for garbage pickup.
Hahahahaha! Isnt the TV in warranty? It can't be that old. Just a suggestion, try taking the TV apart and re-seating the display connector. Where would the Body go?

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Well it looks like even the New E series Vizio don't have built-in tuners.

They sell a seperate dongle for OTA, but would Cable TV work is the question?

I use cable for YES network during Baseball season.

Last edited:
Any easy way to determine which have such? Brands and models vary quickly at my local Costco.

Of course, when I buy, it probably won't be from Costco.

LG and Vizio at decent price, others I don't know.
Generally if you see a tv that is very thin, it will be side lit and have some light bleed on the ends, but they also affect the whole screen in a way that Joe sixpack would not notice.
Dan

Reactions: navychop
Any easy way to determine which have such? Brands and models vary quickly at my local Costco.

Of course, when I buy, it probably won't be from Costco.

Edge lighting is used to make the TVs thinner as well as it is to make them cheaper. An edge-lit TV will be no more than 1/2" thick on the upper half of the set. Full array back-lighting, whether local dimming or not, requires some distance between the panel layers and the light source. Full Array sets are generally 1" to 1.5" thick the full height of the set with maybe a slight taper at the very top. Edge-lit sets will be thicker at the bottom to house the electronics and I/O ports. Samsung does not produce any full array sets because they believe thin is in. Only the top tier of Sony sets ( X940 and Z9 ) are full array.

I use cable for YES network during Baseball season.
Is YES delivered in the clear or does it require a cable box?

Would a cable box cost you extra?

As Dirtydan points out, you can get an ATSC/Clear QAM tuner for under $30.

Last edited:
I guess the question is at what point FALD delivers on its promise. If you only have 12 zones, that's not particularly fine control over backlighting.
Its 12 more zones than Edge lit.
And if you actually bothered to do any research, under $800 can get you a 64 Zone Full Array.
$750 already got me a 32 zone sitting in my living room the past 2 years.

And did it take you a day to come up with this response to you being completely wrong again about another false claim of yours.

Your help here in this thread is not needed.
Trust me!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-4...h-dynamic-range-black/4989300.p?skuId=4989300

And if you actually bothered to do any research, under $800 can get you a 64 Zone Full Array.
Would you consider that particular TV? Qualitative perception can't (nor should) be evaluated by comparing ad slick specifications.

Speaking of what you're considering, perhaps this would be a good time to revise/restate your criteria as they seem to have drifted (in terms of application and dollars).

Would you consider that particular TV? Qualitative perception can't (nor should) be evaluated by comparing ad slick specifications.

Speaking of what you're considering, perhaps this would be a good time to revise/restate your criteria as they seem to have drifted (in terms of application and dollars).

Perhaps you should read my first post.
$500 , will push it Higher if needed.
So $600, even $650 is not out of the question.
$1000 on a bedroom tv , No thats been stated already.
And if you think Full Array is such a marketing Hyped feature, then why does it all of a sudden matter to you if a D series only has 10 active zones?

Oh I know why , because you just can't admit your clueless again, and that was your only defense.

I'd say thats fairly impressive for a $650 tv to be right with them OLEDs.
And it crushed other $1000 plus models.

Looks like the M series is where Im going.

Thanks Harsh.

I'm heading out Tuesday, Bestbuy is where I'm going,
I'm going to get the 55 inch model , I'll get 10% off, and according to checkout I'll get 12 months interest free.
So I'm going up a bit, But it seems in the $600-700 range gets you a much better model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)