Looking to buy C Band LNBF Collar Ring

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
Incredible!!! but the Collar ring of my LNBF Geosat pro C2 is broke:eek: ( the piece where the screw is set and one edge in the bottom where is touching the Lnbf). The problem is that I can not find any USA dealer selling C Band LNBF collar ring ONLY!!!..I found on Europe through ebay but is almost the same price that New kit with the Lnb included:confused:..
Anybody know where I can to buy One collar Ring?
All Collar rings are Universal? Just making sure the diameter of the LNBf?
I tried to glue the little piece (on the screw) with Kola Loka but it does not stick very well.:eek: The piece on the bottom is missing and I think that My LNB is not exactly centered
Opinions?
Thanks in advance:)

Received your PM and look forward to shipping you a replacement.

Many items are in the warehouse, but not listed on the website.... :D

Incredible!!! but the Collar ring of my LNBF Geosat pro C2 is broke:eek: ( the piece where the screw is set and one edge in the bottom where is touching the Lnbf). The problem is that I can not find any USA dealer selling C Band LNBF collar ring ONLY!!!..I found on Europe through ebay but is almost the same price that New kit with the Lnb included:confused:..
Anybody know where I can to buy One collar Ring?
All Collar rings are Universal? Just making sure the diameter of the LNBf?
I tried to glue the little piece (on the screw) with Kola Loka but it does not stick very well.:eek: The piece on the bottom is missing and I think that My LNB is not exactly centered
Opinions?
Thanks in advance:)
could you post a picture ?
good luck

Many items are in the warehouse, but not listed on the website.... :D
like what ?
thanks

What's out in the warehouse? Samples, warranty components and other stuff that I may eventually find the motivation or time to get rid of... :D Really not worth investing staff time for inventorying, listing and selling mail order or Ebay piece by piece. Warranty repair contracts end and manufactures don't want parts returned or items that we no longer manufacture and endless samples.

Lacuna satellite meter motherboards, displays and tuners. Boxes of components: tuners, power supplies, modulators, etc. for Fortec, Coolsat, Twinhan, Azure, Channel Master, GEOSATpro brands. Samples of NPRMs and dishes of every size. Boxes of LNBFs in every shape, color and size and type. Cables, jumpers, connectors, adapters, thing-a-mabobs and deala-majigees... :D

Been several years since loading up one of the trucks and heading for a Bay area electronic swap meet... Might make enough money to cover the diesel!

could you post a picture ?
thanks
Yes, Here some..I have tried with Kola loca and the Strongest "El Gorilla" Glue and Nothing after test:(
03-17-12 005a.JPG
03-17-12 020b.JPG

Yes, Here some..I have tried with Kola loca and the Strongest "El Gorilla" Glue and Nothing after test:(
View attachment 87340
View attachment 87341

You need to think like an engineer. Imagine what you could fabricate for a repair after looking at something such as this:

0858.jpg

This is known as a "Heater Hose Clamp". Just imagine fabbing two of these over each other with TWO opposing screws, placing it over the broken part of the collar-ring, and tightening it down equally and carefully... It might require drilling an extra hole or two...

I can't walk anywhere without looking at something, and imagining with a fabricators eye (translation: "Cobble-artist" hehe)what I can modify it into, or use it for a purpose for which it was never intended. Which makes my life harder, but more interesting! lol

Once when I had a similar breakage, I bought a stainless hose clamp from HD - the worm screw automotive radiator hose type. Drilled a hole in the part of the clamp without the thread slots. Clamped it on the remaining part of the flange, lined the hole up where the tightening screw originally was. Put a little nut in there and a little machine screw through the hole and the nut. Tightened.

If I hadn't changed dishes, it would still be up there.

If I remember right the DMX and the Geosat ring have a slightly different hole size for the lnb. I could be wrong but I thought once when I went to swap out my lnb that there was a slight difference. This was a couple of years ago and I'd have to look thru my junk in the garage to find the old ones now.

FYI, I sent this guy a new DMX741 scaler ring I had laying around my shop. He should have gotten it Monday.

Yes I have received the replacement;)..
I just want to said on my Thread: "Thanks so Much to Lone Gunman user" regarding his support and Thanks everybody for the Comments and good Ideas.;)
Vallenato

would try to drill a hole and use a self taping screw. test your hole size and screw on another piece first.
very little pressure will hold those lnbf's in place
good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)