Looking to grow the dish farm

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is there something on 107.3 other than the Canadian DSNG feeds? Or did you mean C-band?

Is there something on 107.3 other than the Canadian DSNG feeds? Or did you mean C-band?

Hmm...I am not sure what I was looking at. I just went back and looked, and I guess I saw something on C-Band and thought it was on KU...My mistake. I am not setup for C-band yet, and looking for KU birds with News on them other than stateside news. I don't know why I wrote that down..LOL It doesn't appear to be anything on that bird for KU FTA.

I wrote down a few birds of interest that I was going to park dishes on. They are:
95W
30W Questionable if I can see it. May have to relocate my ONLY dish on the roof that is on 95W to 30W
97W
107.3W
125W

As many people have said, nothing on 107.3W Ku band -- but we had that split moment thought that we might be missing something new :) You have some great choices there for your parked dishes! If you still need another satellite option, there are a few channels you may have missed on Ku:

101W The Pentagon Channel
123W Free Speech TV, University of Washington TV
103W Cozi TV, occasional NBC network feeds
87W Louisiana Public Television (3 stations in HD), The Patient Channel
72W Regular NBC feeds -- sometimes nothing at all, sometimes MSNBC, CNBC, The Today Show, The Weather Channel, etc.
121W The Velocity Channel (Currently free to view off of Dish Network Satellite)

I'd motorize at least one of them :)

I like all of those you mention north georgia I think it best some up as putting together a team not one satellite has the best programming. Just do a mix and match.

Agree with that list and comments, I just wish I were in the footprint for all those birds, and then some ;)

Agree with that list and comments, I just wish I were in the footprint for all those birds, and then some ;)

I live in OKC, Oklahoma, and SatBeams says I am good. The trees might say different! I am going to be foliage challenged on 121W and 123W. Hopefully they are higher in the sky and I will still be able to receive them.

.....Or she may make you sleep with your dishes. Bummer, I see you are in OK. Would have been nice if you were in cold Michigan and not too far away. Several of my dishes were given to me and I have now collected some good Ku dishes I can now pass that on to others. Cost too much to ship. Yes, NOT on the roof.
Enjoy you new coming farm. Farm.jpg

I'd put the motor on the top one. Unobstructed view, but against common advice of keeping near the ground, for ease [and safety] of 'tweaking'. Then, when the satellite gets replaced at 103 swing that one to 30W.

I don't think I can get 30w. I hill is to my south east. I thought about putting it in the yard on a pipe and trying that. Being impatient I stuck it on my building. Thanks for the advise, now to see what motor to get.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have 2 Geosat dishes, one at 97 and one at 103. If I got a motor which should I put it on?

That's not a bad looking install Elkview! Looks good, I like my GeoSat dish I have.....might as well make it 3...I haven't made a decision yet. Or should I say I have been too busy to order them...

This FTA stuff is addictive, I can't stop. I've told guys I use to work with to look for a big dish for me.

Its very addictive we need a 12 program for this hobby just kidding. Elkview where are you from? This is cband country around here so if you need a dish you can find one here.

Well, I just placed the order for 2 more of those GeoSatPro dishes with the PLL LNBF's.
I cannot wait until they get here...now I just have to find a spot in the yard to put them...I am worried about the trees to the South. Which is why I put my first dish on the roof because it has a clear view. I have a great view in the front yard, but I think I will be sleeping on the couch if I start installing dishes up front...:confused:

Well, I just placed the order for 2 more of those GeoSatPro dishes with the PLL LNBF's.
I cannot wait until they get here...now I just have to find a spot in the yard to put them...I am worried about the trees to the South. Which is why I put my first dish on the roof because it has a clear view. I have a great view in the front yard, but I think I will be sleeping on the couch if I start installing dishes up front...:confused:
It's official,you're doomed,:biggrin.

I am at Elkview,West Virginia. Today is clear. If I had a motor this would be the day to install it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)