Losing Me and This on 101W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

richyriles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
NY
Hope someone can figure this out. I get a strong signal, and high quality on Golden Eagle Broadcasting on SES1, but very low quality on Me, and This. Anyone else experiencing a severe degradation of the signals for Me and This? Earlier this week, Me and This had very high quality for me, and no problems. Now Me and This come and go, and I got to know what is going on. Anyone with a solution???

Richyriles

Used to happens to me. All I did was to play with the LNB back and forward in the scaler till I got it fine

I had some trouble with them until I adjusted the skew on my c-band dish. Seems to be ok now, boy do I miss that c-band lnbf. (it got stuck on another dish).

Thanks to those who gave answers to my loss of signal strength on SES 1. Yes, I moved the Dish position about 5 clicks East, as Ice suggested, and got a much stronger quality reading. The test will come when it rains again, as I'm wondering if this is a weather related problem. We have lots of rain in the NY lately, and water could be getting in somewhere it shouldn't. Friday night, in the rain, my quality ranged from 20-30%. Now it's at 68%. I wish it was higher.

Thanks,
Richyriles

It's that slight move East on a Birdview solid 8/ S-10 Openbox, too! Still "spillage" but, with signal at 89/71 on all the ME-THIS signals, I'll take it! (finally.) No adjustments done for tweaking (yet) though I'm sure it's more than time for LNB tweaking soon.

This always seems to be there for me but i do seem to lose MEtvs signal from time to time for short periods of time.In fact!I just lost Metv on 101 about 1 hr ago and its still off here.Both MeTv and This come in with a good sig Q of around 70 on my AZbox.

Last edited:
I noted the same thing. I do have to move a few clicks to the east to get them both. Then without touching anything, I will say be watching Me and decide to click over to This and it is gone. Then in a little while it comes back very strong and I don't touch a thing. I just figured they are still testing.

or move the dish a smidge east. Thats what I had to do to get them to come in strong

In another thread I found that the parameters changed for METV to 3973/5924/V. I entered those, METV and METV2 popped in around 75%. Did the parameters change for THISTV as well? I get nothing with the parameters I found at the beginning of that thread. But that thread is around 20 pages long. I lucked in and found the page where the parameter change was being discussed for METV, but didn't notice anyone discussing changes with THISTV on that particular page. If the parameters have changed, could you or someone remind me of the new ones, so I don't have to go thru 20 pages trying to find it? I found this at the beginning of that thread, but it doesn't seem to work...This TV 3984 V 2734 FEC 5/6

Glad to hear you finally got it going Highskies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)