losing prime time TV in Alaska

Haven't trapped in years... the market went south here, still have a bunch of traps though....
Wanna sell?

Here's what happened yesterday:
I was really getting frustrated about not being able to watch 'Criminal Minds' and stared at the 'lost signal' screen for about a minute or so when it came back on. Just like that. I switched to another 'lost' channel and again, after staring at the screen for a minute or a bit longer the channel came back on. And stayed on. for the first time in weeks.
I will try this again tonight.

Have you tried a test wire from the LNB to the receiver? I'm wondering if you have a connection that is shrinking in the cold and you're losing contact.

Next time it happens, see if you have voltage at the LNB. If you don't have a volt/ohm meter handy, you can always put your tongue on the wire like we all did with 9v batteries as kids.

Have you tried a test wire from the LNB to the receiver? I'm wondering if you have a connection that is shrinking in the cold and you're losing contact.

Next time it happens, see if you have voltage at the LNB. If you don't have a volt/ohm meter handy, you can always put your tongue on the wire like we all did with 9v batteries as kids.

Don't you ever try that in 15below.........
When I pick up hubby in Fairbanks in a couple weeks I'll have a long talk with Radio Shack, frankly I don't believe it's on my end. I was thinking about material fatigue etc but the weird thing is it occurs only at a certain time and only to people with small dishes.

And with the traps, I do know how that goes, wouldn't sell mine either. Had to pull them tho, snow machine broke down but I had the local wolf pack pay me a visit last monday, 7 black wolfes in the yard at high noon.
Impressive, but till I got the gun and opened the door they were gone.

Don't you ever try that in 15below.........
When I pick up hubby in Fairbanks in a couple weeks I'll have a long talk with Radio Shack, frankly I don't believe it's on my end. I was thinking about material fatigue etc but the weird thing is it occurs only at a certain time and only to people with small dishes.

And with the traps, I do know how that goes, wouldn't sell mine either. Had to pull them tho, snow machine broke down but I had the local wolf pack pay me a visit last monday, 7 black wolfes in the yard at high noon.
Impressive, but till I got the gun and opened the door they were gone.
tongue_stuck_on_pole.jpg

it was 60 below and I was busy with the Yukon Quest, the signal is coming and going, it's better than it was around Christmas, tho.
Right now we have a very decent snowstorm going on. A soon as weather permits I will run some more testing with the new LNBs Iceberg sent.
Dish network is just messing with us and directv has no ambitions coming out here. Guess we have to get a few guys and a signal finder and hook up a 6foot dish. Just frustrating, they take our money but don't deliver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)