Lost signal from all three Sats

Down in Huntsville, AL

I'm getting really sick of this. All 3 went down on my 622. Why does this keep happening. I NEVER had this problem with D*. :mad:

This nonsense just happened to me too. Watching an HD channel and bam, no signal from any sats. I have a 211. Software 345. I tuned to 110 in the signal strength screen as no other sats would bring up any signal. Left, waited for it to find a channel on 110 sat to do its diag test 1,2,3,4. Went back to test switch and the other two came back. This should be a treat training my wife and 12yr old to do this "Stupid Human Trick". Can't the dish just leave sh*| alone? I was working fine for MONTHS!!!!!

:mad:

Just came back here for me (again) although this one was different tonight. Monday night I only lost reception on the 722, still had it on the 322. Tonight lost everyting on both receivers. This one must be weather related. E* really needs to have a reliable back up to the main up link.

Thanks for the info on what happens when you run the 'check switch' when there is no signal. After I did and the signal finally came back, I only had about 15 channels that I could scroll through.

After rechecking switch all was OK.

It's nice to have this resource to know it isn't just on my equipment.

We lost 119 here too in Northern California but only on one receiver, the 625. Since I just re-activated it yesterday I thought the receiver was acting up and reboot it.

From the NWS:

AT 941 PM MDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING PENNY SIZE
HAIL...AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE
LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM MERIDEN REST AREA TO 9 MILES
SOUTH OF CHEYENNE...OR ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM 37 MILES
NORTHEAST OF CHEYENNE TO 9 MILES SOUTH OF CHEYENNE...AND MOVING
EAST AT 20 MPH

Looks like they've run into a streak of bad luck with the weather there. Funny thing is uplink centers are usually in "good weather" areas.

This would make for quite the advertisement for cable companies :). Rain fade on the uplink, not downlink.

Push Guide to show all Channels

My VIP 222 is a piece of junk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts