Low-quality OTA tuner in the voom?

This PSIP info is crap! All digital channels have to include PSIP info. It's WHAT info that Voom is searching for is the problem. This is lame, if the station is there, Voom should pick it up.

What exactly does Voom look for in the PSIP stream? I have the same issue with my local PBS station, but my Dish 6000 sees it no problem.

jawilljr............lol not gonna happen (until Voom cuts me off)
someone has to speak the truth

riffjim4069 said:
..plus, VOOM is the only Sat provider integrating locals into the PG.
This is only partly true, with the Dish 6000 you can associate the channel to an affiliate (ABC, CBS or NBC) and get the info on the Analog channel, though it's only guaranteed accurate during Primetime. :mad:

I LOVE VOOM'S INTEGRATED OTA GUIDE. ;)

heard that..........not that I hate Voom, just the way they do business
and the name callers

FWIW, I pull in 66-1 KCOP-DT with both Voom box and Hughes E86. I'm 35miles away from the tower.

Btw, the signal meter on Voom still blows compared to the E86. With the E86, you can manually punch in the channel number in the meter screen and the meter updates continuously. This makes it easy to fine tune your antenna for each and every channel.

DarrellP said:
You can bet your sweet ass that I'm not! :D
I'm sure as hell not either. But there's other forms of payment. For instance, we all know Voom is beta testing the DVR right now. I imagine several people on this forum are part of the beta. I think that these folks are far more likely to see Voom with rose colored glasses than the rest of us. They would argue that they're not getting paid, and might even be so bold (and stupid) as to say they're working for Voom for free b/c they're part of the debug process.

So I think it's important to consider that while nobody is getting paid, some are getting pretty sweet perks. And since Voom through Wilt and Dragonlady are active in satelliteguys, you can imagine they would want well-placed people wearing those rose colored glasses. I'm don't know of anyone beta testing, and I'm not disparaging anyone. If Voom let me beta, or even let me pay to beta the DVR, I'd shout their virtues into the heavens. I think this is important when considering why some people defend Voom and others do not.

As for this OTA module, I'm still amazed that we have absolutely no idea what the model # is or even what generation of ATSC tuner it is.

I had PG info for OTA locals with D*
The Voom Moto box pulls in more local OTA for me, more reliably and with more stabilty, than my Hughes D* box ever did. So I am speaking from experience. Have not tried the Samsung box, and don't want to buy another box. In fact, that was a key selling point for me -- I can rent the box instead of buying it, so I am not stuck with something thats obsolete in few years.
Mike (not paid, not Beta-testing, just giving my opinion)

barth2k said:
FWIW, I pull in 66-1 KCOP-DT with both Voom box and Hughes E86. I'm 35miles away from the tower.

Btw, the signal meter on Voom still blows compared to the E86. With the E86, you can manually punch in the channel number in the meter screen and the meter updates continuously. This makes it easy to fine tune your antenna for each and every channel.

Hey! I'd like to get KCOP-DT, Barth where are you? I'm at the beach. It's weird that antennaweb does not show it for my zip code, 90403.

I wish I could be a PVR Beta tester, I can break a box faster than you can hit it with a sledge hammer. I used to make my Dish 501 do things that Dish never heard of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)