Low Sat Signal

You're using the right LNB with the wrong dish antenna. The 500 antenna is smaller than the 1000.2 and could be most of the reason for your problems. I would get a hold of Dish and see if they can come out and upgrade your antenna to a 1000.2, that way you'll have the correct equipment and you can have it adjusted correctly.

I have a dish 500 dish. It has 3 lnb's. until recently my channels were fine. With the slighest rain, I get rain fade to the point of the channel switching down to an sd channel. With a little more rain it goes out completely. If I have the wrong sat dish, why did i receive HD channels before. It is possible that the antenna moved during some storm. I have readjusted the dish a couple of time and as said before I get about 73 or so on 110 and about 65 to 69 on 119. The 129 sat fades from max about 23 down to 0. Being a novice with this I would think that I must be off just a fraction. But is that fraction up down left right or skew.
Seeing nobody including you knows what you have for a dish it is very hard to help you. The only dish 500 that has 3 LNBs is a dish 500 plus and the three LNBs are for 110/118.7 & 119 it doesn't get 129 unless it has an additional bracket for 129 then it is designated a dish 1000 plus.

Reactions: TheKrell
Could it be the original Dish 1000? But that has no switch and requires a DPP44 to get all 3 LNBs.
It is also undersized--I had one--it was gray vs black for my newer 1000.2 with built in switch.
Maybe a picture could clue us in. -Ken

Dish 500 does not have 3 lnbs you are confused. If you are picking up 3 satellites then you have a dish 1000.

Could it be the original Dish 1000? But that has no switch and requires a DPP44 to get all 3 LNBs.
It is also undersized--I had one--it was gray vs black for my newer 1000.2 with built in switch.
Maybe a picture could clue us in. -Ken
Actually Ken the original 1000 has a DPP Twin with a DP single LNB. The single DP LNB connects to the in port on the Twin so it doesn't need a switch unless you are connecting more than 2 receivers.

IIRC, when I had to replace my 722's the defaukt setting for the Check Switch was Dish 500. Could that be where he's getting the idea of what dish he has?

That's what I was thinking, but you never know for sure sure till asked. And, it is the default for all VIP recievers, if not all recievers.

It should still recognize it, even if his check switch ran and only detected the two. It should still show in point dish when he puts it on that satellite. Would have to run cst to get the satellite saved, but that should affect seeing the satellite signal strength.

If his Check Switch setup is for a 500, will it (the receiver) ignore a 3rd LNB ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
if know for 1000.2 lnbfs if you check switch and you dont have all 3 birds locked in you get this message window that says detected less satellites than previously detected or something to that effect and you can select retest or save.

What is a good signal for eastern arc I am starting to get a lot of rain fade . Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts