Major Hopper 3 bug - black screens no sound

It's happening to my H3 too. Several times today. Had to reset a couple of times. Other times when the screes goes black and no audio I can switch to another local channel and the picture and sound is there. It seems to be getting worse not better.

I have had the black screen of death. A few times since the latest update. Always seems to be after I watch the 4K channel on 146. Another strange thing is happening, If someone has tuned to a live big four network channel and that same channel is tuned too by another Joey, if that joeys tries to rewind or pause it pauses the channel also on the hopper. They did not join just turned to that channel. Seems to only happen during Prime time anytime.

Decided to turn off PTAT and see if that fixes the problem. So far seems to be working. Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had this happen a couple of times. First time was a week ago while recording the Olympics and the Seafair races, a reset cured that before the final heat of the latter. The other being last night while recording the Sunday Games on ABC. Lost the second Fast Money on Feud and everything after that. Good thing those shows (after Feud) get a rerun this week or next, but this problem is an issue that definitely needs a fix.

I get these & the only way I can correct it to reset the Dish receiver..

These seem to occur when switching from one channel to one of NBC's Olympic channels. I've yet to see it happen on other channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)