• No

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
How many people think Manning deserved the MVP? I feel he doesn't, I think Strahan deserves the MVP. That defense is the reason the Giants won the Superbowl, they stopped Brady and that high powered offense, they held them to 14 points.

Manning scored 17 points, in which they should of scored more, I don't think the Pats D is good enough to where it's a stretch for the Giants to score 17, the Giants defense kept them in the game.

Don't get me wrong, Manning played a good game, but IMO not a MVP game. Could it be that he got the MVP because his last name is Manning?

Last edited:
I think the whole D-line played great but noone stoodout from them to be named MVP

How many people think Manning deserved the MVP? I feel he doesn't, I think Strahan deserves the MVP. That defense is the reason the Giants won the Superbowl, they stopped Brady and that high powered offense, they held them to 14 points.

Manning scored 17 points, in which they should of scored more, I don't think the Pats D is good enough to where it's a stretch for the Giants to score 17, the Giants defense kept them in the game.

Don't get me wrong, Manning played a good game, but IMO not a MVP game. Could it be that he got the MVP because his last name is Manning?

Manning deserved it also. He could have folded at the end but he didn't. He clawed and scratched that last drive. Yeah Tyree made a hell of a catch, but Eli made a hell of a throw to him also. If it wasn't for a some drops by Steve smith the giants would have scored more. The G-man D was out standing. The D-line played the best game I ever saw a front 4 play in a while.

Manning did great too, leading them back down the field to score the game winning TD.

I think the whole D-line played great but noone stoodout from them to be named MVP

Exactly. They had 5 sacks, but I don't think any one person had more than 2 (maybe even not more than 1?). Some of their DB's and linebackers made great plays also - you can't give it to the whole defense.

And Manning led not one, but two drives in the 4th quarter to take back the lead. He deserved it. I have way more problem with Peyton getting it last year (and I'm a Colts fan) than I do with Eli this year.

Exactly. They had 5 sacks, but I don't think any one person had more than 2 (maybe even not more than 1?). Some of their DB's and linebackers made great plays also - you can't give it to the whole defense.

And Manning led not one, but two drives in the 4th quarter to take back the lead. He deserved it. I have way more problem with Peyton getting it last year (and I'm a Colts fan) than I do with Eli this year.

Tuck had two.

Manning was definitely the MVP. 80 yds in 2:45 seconds...nearly getting sacked. Making good decisions with the ball (Although Samuel should've picked one of his early passes in the drive off). Not to mention him keeping his head the entire game.

The D definitely dominated....as a group. Tuck being the most notable with 6 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble...but Manning deserved it.

I agree, if it wasn't for the defense, we'd be talking about the perfect pats.

The same defense that couldn't hold the Pats to a field goal late in the 4th to allow for a tied game and let the Pats take the lead with the pass to Moss?

Face it, Eli was left with a little over 2 and 1/2 minutes and a situation where a field goal does no good, no less than a touchdown would do. He pulled it off, MVP! He did exactly what we've come to expect Brady to do.

Manning deserved it also. He could have folded at the end but he didn't. He clawed and scratched that last drive. Yeah Tyree made a hell of a catch, but Eli made a hell of a throw to him also. If it wasn't for a some drops by Steve smith the giants would have scored more. The G-man D was out standing. The D-line played the best game I ever saw a front 4 play in a while.
Hell of an escape, hell of a catch, but hell of a throw? Hell no. The ball was up for grabs, and Tyree made the play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)