Manual speaker calibration

Interesting, thanks.

I have a Galaxy Audio CM-140 on the way, so I'll do some playing when it comes in and report back. Right now Im just running Audyssey (ran setup yesterday) with Dyn EQ off and the sub trim increased by 2.0 db in the AVR.

When I get the SPL meter in, I'll prob rerun one more time to be sure, then do some speaker trim tweaking as needed.

Dynamic EQ, not to be confused with dynamic range compression, is actually quite nice. Too many dynamics, ranges, compressions in audio. Anyways, as you adjust volume out of reference levels, it adjusts the dialog and music, to what they would sound like at reference levels. Oh yeah, did I mention this is different than Dolby Noise Reduction?

S~

I always kinda felt at lower volumes, the boost of mids and lows was annoying. I havent used it in a long time. I just noticed, because ive been meaning to pick up the disc for awhile, that the Disney WOW disc has audio files for SPL meter calibration as well.

Right,

I'm specifically referring to dynamic range compression.

dynamic eq is based on Fletcher Munson curves to try to keep the perceived spectral balance at all volumes. btw, Dolby volume is based on this principle as well.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts