Maybe a dumb question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

duckman18561

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
I have directv nfl sunday ticket and mlb programs we are going to the inlaws for a week can i take my card or box with me and hood it up to there satellite? is there anything wrong with that or are the two (box and satellite) married in some way?

Thanks

The box and access cards are married. You can take your box and plug it into the inlaws sat. Its a violation of the contract with Directv but I dont see any harm in a short week. It might want to be attached to a phone line. Advanced packages are fickle like that but I took an H20 to a friends house several times and no issues.

:welcome to Sat Guys BTW.

hey could anyone out there give me a anwser to my issue with direct tv, i just moved from arizona to north carolina, i had locals and distant east/west channels from direct, when I moved, they told me i couldnot get the distant channels anymore. but I have not seen that reason nowhere! i've had distant channels for the last 5 yrs, now they want me to keep these lousey locals in raleigh n.c

hey could anyone out there give me a anwser to my issue with direct tv, i just moved from arizona to north carolina, i had locals and distant east/west channels from direct, when I moved, they told me i couldnot get the distant channels anymore. but I have not seen that reason nowhere! i've had distant channels for the last 5 yrs, now they want me to keep these lousey locals in raleigh n.c

Where you were you probably could not get locals from D*. Where you are now you can. That disqualifies you for distant locals.

duckman.

Do as you plan. No biggie. However, do not connect any phone line but your own. It will just confuse them and may get you disconnected. It is a safety feature to protect you if your receiver is stolen.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV Prepares to Launch New HD-Only Programming Tier

Interesting!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts