ME TV

I haven't heard anything. My question is how much was Metv wanting to be carried by DISH in the first place? If they think they are like ESPN and can demand larges sums of money from the subscribers , they are seriously barking up the wrong tree. DISH and Charlie would never give in on that. I get mine OTA and it comes in just fine and I do still have guide data on my old Hopper for it. So I am good either way.

Reactions: charlesrshell
They should just be happy with whatever Dish gives them and the increased commercial revenue from more eyes watching because of being on Dish.

Also, I did a search , at least half of the shows ( i quit looking, but I assume more then half) they have are also on PlutoTV and I assume more shows are on other FAST services.

They should just be happy with whatever Dish gives them and the increased commercial revenue from more eyes watching because of being on Dish.

Also, I did a search , at least half of the shows ( i quit looking, but I assume more then half) they have are also on PlutoTV and I assume more shows are on other FAST services.
But they don't have Svengoolie on Saturday nights.:mad:

But they don't have Svengoolie on Saturday nights.:mad:
Get Frndly TV then for $6.99 a month, they have a lot of those OTA rerun channels.

Who has time to watch all those reruns when there is so much new stuff on, I was retired for 4 years and could not catch up with new programing, now that I am back to employment, I have less time, I almost hope these strikes go on for awhile, it will take me about 2 years to catch up.

I have been forced to watch MeTV OTA since Dish pulled it. The station is about 40 miles away. No program guide is available since it is a sub-channel. In the mornings, the signal sometimes fades out completely to weather-related conditions. I wish it were back on Dish.

I have been forced to watch MeTV OTA since Dish pulled it. The station is about 40 miles away. No program guide is available since it is a sub-channel. In the mornings, the signal sometimes fades out completely to weather-related conditions. I wish it were back on Dish.

I can also receive it via ota, but there is no guide for it
Are you referring to guide data in Dish's world, or PSIP? I'm guessing the station is providing it via PSIP, but Dish won't use it. Blame Dish.

And now cue all of those who say "it's too expensive" for Dish to use PSIP although it's baked into those <$100 TVs you can get at Wal*Mart.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Are you referring to guide data in Dish's world, or PSIP? I'm guessing the station is providing it via PSIP, but Dish won't use it. Blame Dish.

And now cue all of those who say "it's too expensive" for Dish to use PSIP although it's baked into those <$100 TVs you can get at Wal*Mart.
It's not that it is too expensive (never heard that one) but PSIP is too inconsistent from station to station and therefore will not work as a substitute for the metadata provided by their data source. If you think there are gripes now about programs not recording or programs recording reruns, using PSIP would exponentially increase these errors.

It probably does not include the correct cues to trigger a recording anyway (YAG).

I have guide information on the Hopper, because it was added for METV in our area when they uplinked the locals for this area. I actually requested the guide information, when you could actually get through to the engineer at DISH back in the day and he said yeah we can add them - because METV is a sub channel of the main ABC/NBC networks in our area. I also have it on my Tablo ota dvr and the Air tv device with Sling. I even have it on a cheap Homeworx ota device that I got when the "Antenna man " recommended it in his You tube video. It has a built in meter for ota channels and you can see how well the channel comes in by percentage. He uses it in his videos all the time to test new antennas in his videos.

Last edited:
In my area PSIP guide data is incorrect for almost half of the local sub-channels. It is either off by one or two hours which means the station is just putting up the eastern feed data or they do not bother to change to daylight savings time. In one case the local station changed the network they carry on the -03 slot but still carry PSIP guide data for the old network.
Local stations no longer respond to e-mails, phone calls or even snail mail.
Those members who live in markets with more technically competent TV staff should consider themselves lucky.

It's not that it is too expensive (never heard that one) but PSIP is too inconsistent from station to station and therefore will not work as a substitute for the metadata provided by their data source. If you think there are gripes now about programs not recording or programs recording reruns, using PSIP would exponentially increase these errors.
I've been squawking about PSIP for years around here, and yes, one of the primary excuses used was it would cost too much to develop. The other one is the one you mention "it's not good enough" (goes out far enough, whatever). So apparently in your mind, having NO guide is better than a partial guide. If the PSIP data is wrong, then the station is at fault, possibly breaking an FCC regulation.
It probably does not include the correct cues to trigger a recording anyway (YAG).
Totally a YAG. The information should be the same... episode name, start time and end time. Possibly episode number and whether it's "New".

In my area PSIP guide data is incorrect for almost half of the local sub-channels. It is either off by one or two hours which means the station is just putting up the eastern feed data or they do not bother to change to daylight savings time. In one case the local station changed the network they carry on the -03 slot but still carry PSIP guide data for the old network.
Local stations no longer respond to e-mails, phone calls or even snail mail.
Those members who live in markets with more technically competent TV staff should consider themselves lucky.
Wow - In my area (Birmingham, AL) psip seems to be entirely correct. I don't check all 67 channels but the ones I watch on the Airtv box are correct. I would rather use the Hopper but of course only the top 4, Mytv, METV and one independent have guide info. I can't even get CW guide data since the ATASC 3.0 conversion. I wish there was someone at Dish to at least get CW back. It is all frustrating.

Wow - In my area (Birmingham, AL) psip seems to be entirely correct. I don't check all 67 channels but the ones I watch on the Airtv box are correct.
I have always thought that getting correct OTA guide information must be rocket science. You are very close to many of the best rocket scientists in Huntsville, Alabama.