ME TV

What is a "full service station'?
A TV station with a "Full Service Television" license, so its eligible to declare must carry status. There's also a bunch of other regulatory requirements that come with it (E/I quota, community affairs, maintaining a public file, etc)

LPTV and Class A stations are limited in maximum power (3 kW for VHF, 15 kW for UHF), and they can't declare must carry status to force cable and satellite carriage of their channels.

It was never blacled out in the DC area.
That's because DC's MeTV affiliate was originally WTTG 5.3 and in May 2022 it moved to the Weigel owned WDME-CD 48.1, but since that's a Class A license it's not eligible for must carry status, so DC area customers were still not blacked out of the national feed.

LPTV and Class A stations are limited in maximum power (3 kW for VHF, 15 kW for UHF), and they can't declare must carry status to force cable and satellite carriage of their channels.
Is it different for LPTV stations that transmit via full-power spectrums? (i.e. WRTD-CD transmitting via WRAZ’s spectrum)

Reactions: charlesrshell
The only benefit those stations get is having a full power OTA signal, they don't inherit any of the must carry rights of their host station. It's the same on the reverse end of things, like in Philly where WTVE is now hosted by WPHY-CD's signal, only WTVE has must carry rights.