Media-General Stations Adding Ion in Some Markets

Shows on KXAN too, I edited a post earlier. From what I'm seeing is that Media launched Ion on its ABC stations (From the Young Media Group) like WBAY and WRIC. I figure WATE and WTEN will launch it to UNLESS they have the ION MUX already and both markets have the ION MUX so those two stations will be getting another subchannel.
All that has happened is Ion is being added in markets that don't have it. Nothing about anything else being added.
They may not add anything to the areas that already have an Ion affiliate.

Just checked the WBAY fb page and some of the posters are ranting "be nice you would have let us know ahead when replacement programming was coming, it would be appreciated". As one who has complained on here, them people ought to be glad they have another subchannel. This is the 4th one they have received this year

Just checked the WBAY fb page and some of the posters are ranting "be nice you would have let us know ahead when replacement programming was coming, it would be appreciated". As one who has complained on here, them people ought to be glad they have another subchannel. This is the 4th one they have received this year

WBAY was nice enough to reply that its a "soft launch"

This is what's called a "soft launch," like when a restaurant opens for a week to work out the kinks before having a Grand Opening huzzah. From our operations manager, Pam Jessen: “Understood. However, our new network partner, Ion, requested that we not make any on-air announcements until they are sure everything is up and running smoothly. We are honoring their request.”

Well no need to go nuts now that we pretty much know what we are getting. I was wrong all along and thought it was cozi. However getting a subchannel like Ion that shows all the episodes of prime time shows I use to watch, cant wait to see when it launches, hopefully sometimes this week.

well so far its 8 affiliates on and 3 confirmed per sources and the rabbitears site

I'm sure Ion is happy to get their programming into new markets (even if it is in SD)

Reactions: localclassictvfan
well so far its 8 affiliates on and 3 confirmed per sources and the rabbitears site

I'm sure Ion is happy to get their programming into new markets (even if it is in SD)
I didn't see ION under KLFY yet but I'll be waiting. I might bite off more than I chew by saying this, but I would still like to also see Cozi come along too.

I didn't see ION under KLFY yet but I'll be waiting.
Just because other MG stations are adding it that doesnt mean its going to be universal. Look at Comet. Sinclair made it sound like it was all their markets. Minneapolis is a Sinclair market that doesn't have comet yet (even though neighboring markets dropped GetTV for it and they recently moved the ASN programming from Get to Grit so I figured we would get Comet at launch...but no dice)
Vegas is another Sinclair market with no Comet yet

I might bite off more than I chew.
shouldnt do that. Gives you a gut ache ;)

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Just because other MG stations are adding it that doesnt mean its going to be universal. Look at Comet. Sinclair made it sound like it was all their markets. Minneapolis is a Sinclair market that doesn't have comet yet (even though neighboring markets dropped GetTV for it and they recently moved the ASN programming from Get to Grit so I figured we would get Comet at launch...but no dice)
Vegas is another Sinclair market with no Comet yet

shouldnt do that. Gives you a gut ache ;)
Yeah I see your point

I just received an email verification from (MG and KLFY) ION launching soon on 10.2. Good, I am greatful of Media General (eventhough I ranted on about how not worthy they were. I apologize for that, there was no need to bash Media General for any of that). Hopefully maybe a cozi or comet or whatever on a .3 later on like KXAN or WANE. (Just a wish though)........

Didnt you get the same e-mail previously about Cozi? ;)

Unless you get confirmation (as in it shows on your TV or in a press release) take everything with a grain of salt :)
That was something from KLFY in August. MG said all they were going to do in August is to have the replacement programming station by the 19th but with all the Meredith and Nexstar stuff they never contacted me. I received an email from MG saying they have no plays for Cozi for KLFY at this time. The lady at Media General said they were getting a receiver today and hopefully by Friday that ION should come on

Last edited: