MeTV coming full time to Burlington, VT Sept 15th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Viewer demand worked at alleviating a frustrating situation for Me-TV fans in NE Upstate New York and Vermont. Last year, WPTZ shoehorned the CW network on to subchannel 5.2, where Me-TV had been going solo for only a few months since it had launched on the station. Viewers were NOT happy. Well, WPTZ listened. Beginning September 15th, Me-TV will be available solely on 5.3. It should be noted that WPTZ and other Burlington-Plattsburgh stations get significant viewership from nearby Montreal, Canada's second largest TV market.

YOU SPOKE, WE LISTENED. WPTZ is excited to announce that starting on September 15, MeTV will be on channel 5.3. That's right, folks! MeTV will be it's own channel with expanded programming.

And for all you CW fans, the network will remain on 5.2 and also offer expanded programming!
http://www.wptz.com/entertainment/w...-programming-of-two-popular-networks/27644264

Reactions: ejb1980
GOOD OLD TV SHOWS still have a market, what was good programming in the 50s,60s, 70s is still got an old audience thanks to baby boomers. Surprisingly because of the less violent programming it is also finding some new eyes.

I am glad to hear this. I am moving here in two days. There is no logical reason why WPTZ doesn't put CW on WNNE 31-1 and put NBC on 31-2 and add MeTV to the WNNE signal. It is a complete waste to have the exact same thing twice on satellite...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you have the AM21 tuner with DirecTV, add secondary zip as Brownsville TX and you'll get accurate guide info and MeTV on 5-3.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• 1411499793393.jpg
    1411499793393.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 194
Ok guys, here's the deal:

WPTZ 5.1
reported resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9)
effective resolution: 1920x1080 (16:9)
audio stream 1: ac3 5chan 384kbps
audio stream 2: AC3 stereo, 192 kbps
4 subtitle streams
WPTZ 5.2
reported resolution: 720x480 (3:2)
effective resolution: 854x480 (16:9)
audio stream 1: AC3 stereo, 192 kbps
4 subtitle streams
WPTZ 5.3
reported resolution: 720x480 (3:2)
effective resolution: 720x540 (4:3)
audio stream 1: AC3 stereo, 192 kbps
4 subtitle streams

Depending on how smart your gear is, the displayed picture format ratio may either be determined based on the resolution reported in the video stream or based on the effective resolution (the actual size of the picture). In the case of the CW, the actual picture is 854x480, which can be scaled to fully fill an HDTV screen horizontally and vertically, without distorting the picture.

For what it's worth, this means that the picture of Me TV 5.3 is actually sharper (more lines of resolution) than the CW 5.2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)