Michael Bay's The Last Ship on TNT

Not a grrrrrrreat show, but as said before, consistently entertaining. Much better than most current Sunday night fare (ie Falling Skies)

Better than Falling Skies? I know this is just a matter of opinion but I don't think it's a close comparison, Falling Skies is better.

In honor of The Last Ship’s renewal, how about some scoop for us?
After chatting with Titus Welliver about his Amazon series Bosch, I sought the 411 on his role in The Last Ship’s final two episodes. “He’s a former military/law enforcement guy who’s trying to secure areas on land from the pandemic, and things are not what they seem with this character,” he shared. “What appears to be obvious is not so.” Fun fact: The TNT drama drop-by reunited the erstwhile Man in Black with Lost director Jack Bender, “which was a great treat,” he said.
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/matts-inside-line-scoop-arrow-castle-ncis-criminal-200140377.html

Next Episode: Season 01, Episode 06

Sunday, July 20, 2014

"Lockdown": Panic spreads throughout the ship when Lt. Danny Green comes down with a mysterious illness; Chandler begins to lose faith in Rachel's vaccine trials.

S~

Ya know, they really go through a lot of different uniforms. When I was on a boat, you pretty much wore your "work" uniform everyday, there was hardly ever any variations. Yet these guys seem to put on a different, freshly pressed, uniform every scene.

Last night's episode had my blood boiling. I am so tired of these types of portrayals of the bad guy with his henchmen. We knew how it would go. We knew we would see all sorts of (poorly acted) atrocities to make us feel for the plight of the people at the hands of this insulting portrayal of the evil strongman.

This was one gigantic cliche and a complete waste of time. I only hope the writers of the show put down the book "1001 TV and Movie plots that always work" written in 1957 and try something different.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I thought it was a good episode. I imagine if the world had actually gone through what is portrayed in the show much worse will be going on as well.

Last night's episode had my blood boiling. I am so tired of these types of portrayals of the bad guy with his henchmen. We knew how it would go. We knew we would see all sorts of (poorly acted) atrocities to make us feel for the plight of the people at the hands of this insulting portrayal of the evil strongman.

This was one gigantic cliche and a complete waste of time. I only hope the writers of the show put down the book "1001 TV and Movie plots that always work" written in 1957 and try something different.

I am at the stage where I use 30 second skip through a lot of the episode. The plot was too obvious. The next step will be timer deletion, not quite there yet, I hope they come up with some good stuff soon.

While somewhat cliched, I liked it. Bound to have a few of those going along.

I thought it was a good episode. I imagine if the world had actually gone through what is portrayed in the show much worse will be going on as well.
Exactly...in the world portrayed in this series, I'm sure tyrants (big and small) would set up their own "kingdoms" like we saw in that episode. Why not, who's to stop them? (and worse, they would know it!)

A tad cliched, sure. Done tons of times, sure...but it fit the narrative...

From a story aspect, I think it would have ended "better" if they had left and not come back to rescue the people, would have better show hard choices that had to be made.

Reactions: long_time_DNC
The one thing that had me screaming BS was the idea that they'd turn their boat around,WITHOUT first going back to their ship to get weapons & reinforcements,to rescue the villagers from the drug lord. Also,maybe it works on this show & Star Trek,but sending your ship's commander & XO on a mission TOGETHER away from the ship is also BS. You don't need either to round up monkeys.

The one thing that had me screaming BS was the idea that they'd turn their boat around,WITHOUT first going back to their ship to get weapons & reinforcements,to rescue the villagers from the drug lord. Also,maybe it works on this show & Star Trek,but sending your ship's commander & XO on a mission TOGETHER away from the ship is also BS. You don't need either to round up monkeys.

I too was surprised they didn't go back for weapons but they were trying to protect the little girl.

Yes the 'away teams' is bit much as it was in Star Trek as well. I really try not dwell much on this stuff or I'll never enjoy watching anything.

It's just a TV show, where rules of logic are discarded nearly every second!

From a story aspect, I think it would have ended "better" if they had left and not come back to rescue the people, would have better show hard choices that had to be made.
I was thinking the same thing when they were sitting in the boat discussing it...the Master Sgt. was right, it wasn't their mission and while rescuing the innocent villagers was the right thing to do, they just as easily could've been killed in the attempt, which definitely wasn't in their mission plan. It would've been a more realistic, hard-edged ending had they not gone back and helped off the ratty little pig of a ruler... Not a "happy" ending, but then real life doesn't always have happy endings...

I was thinking the same thing when they were sitting in the boat discussing it...the Master Sgt. was right, it wasn't their mission and while rescuing the innocent villagers was the right thing to do, they just as easily could've been killed in the attempt, which definitely wasn't in their mission plan. It would've been a more realistic, hard-edged ending had they not gone back and helped off the ratty little pig of a ruler... Not a "happy" ending, but then real life doesn't always have happy endings...
In real life it wouldn't have been an issue,go back to the boat with the monkeys,mission accomplished.