Microsoft expected to slash Xbox price!!!

I still won't go back to XBOX. 7 broken 360 units in one year. Did they fix the RROD? Who knows? But I don't want to have that problem again. My PS3 is fine and I enjoy the blue-ray as well.

I still won't go back to XBOX. 7 broken 360 units in one year. Did they fix the RROD? Who knows? But I don't want to have that problem again. My PS3 is fine and I enjoy the blue-ray as well.
7 in one year? Did you play it in your microwave or something? ;p

No , I got the RROD with all of them including one that they sent me that had it when I received it. Another thing I found out later was scratches on my disc. Perfect circle scatches. Now I still have my original Xbox but in my opinion the 360 has some major flaws. My PS3 has never given me one single problem.

What really made me mad is that Microsoft knew they had problems with it but only addressed them when they knew they might need to recall the box.

Last edited:
I'm just glad at this price cut. Now my friend can finally buy one and I can play some games with him at his place.

No , I got the RROD with all of them including one that they sent me that had it when I received it. Another thing I found out later was scratches on my disc. Perfect circle scatches. Now I still have my original Xbox but in my opinion the 360 has some major flaws. My PS3 has never given me one single problem.

What really made me mad is that Microsoft knew they had problems with it but only addressed them when they knew they might need to recall the box.

Well to be fair, Sony had to be sued to fix their PS2 problems. Microsoft made it right and I'd wager the vast majority of the 10 million or so people who have bought the console since then would agree.

Well to be fair, Sony had to be sued to fix their PS2 problems. Microsoft made it right and I'd wager the vast majority of the 10 million or so people who have bought the console since then would agree.
...What PS2 problems? I remember PS1 had major issues with overheating (I can speak from personal experience as well.)

PS2 problem!? wasn't he talking about PS3!? Anyway i still have my launch date PS1 and PS2!! My launch date PS3!! I don't have my launch date 360!:mad:

Ya I forgot, they become a new company when they release a new console and the previous generation doesn't matter. With the gross mismanagement of the Playstation brand this generation I'd almost believe it.

Refusing to buy either console at this point to take advantage of what they offer is just being more of a fanboy than a gamer.

Yes, Sony had to be sued to fix their problems. They had to pay people $25, a free game, and repair it for free at their discretion. They were rolling in money, with 90 million PS2s sold when they settled - Sony settles PS2 lawsuit News - Page 1 // PS2 /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More. Had 3 friends all that had to deal with this, and it was a much more cumbersome process than what a number of us have had to go through with Microsoft.

The RROD is due mostly to heat issues. If you store it in a cabinet with limited airflow you are much more likely to have problems. Ditto if you try and put it on the floor or keep the room temperature at 78 or higher....

I had my aunch day unit red ring on me, but it was over my parents place and had been in a garage den in December that was cold when not in use, and warmed up when it was so the temperature swings were brutal.... It's been fine ever since....

The RROD is due mostly to heat issues. If you store it in a cabinet with limited airflow you are much more likely to have problems. Ditto if you try and put it on the floor or keep the room temperature at 78 or higher....

I had my aunch day unit red ring on me, but it was over my parents place and had been in a garage den in December that was cold when not in use, and warmed up when it was so the temperature swings were brutal.... It's been fine ever since....

Not in my case. I had all of mine in a open area. All of them. And everyone I know had the RROD. That tells me they had a major problem with it.
We moved on to the PS3.

Last edited:
Not in my case. I had all of mine in a open area. All of them. And everyone friend I have who owned one had had the RROD. That tells me they had a major problem with it.
We moved on to the PS3.

Wow you guys must be the most unlucky people on earth.

Not buying a 360 now though is like not buying a Ford because the tires might fall apart when you only have the option between it and 2 other cars...

Sure, the problem can still happen, the red lights are a diagnostic code, not an indication of a specific problem, but it is relatively rare compared to the launch and those manufactured relatively soon after.

I would go back but to be honest the PS3 has blue-ray and it's really a very solid unit. Plus they have a great Baseball game. MLB The Show.

With that many failures there has to be SOME kind of environmental condition that is helping to trigger the failures..... Bad power, heat, airflow, ... something.

Granted they underdesigned the heat management of these things, but even in those situations, it is unusual to have that many failures....

With that many failures there has to be SOME kind of environmental condition that is helping to trigger the failures..... Bad power, heat, airflow, ... something.

Granted they underdesigned the heat management of these things, but even in those situations, it is unusual to have that many failures....
Combination of both. The 360's are being put into cabinets with little to no airflow. But Microsoft had to realize that's how a majority of electronics are stored, so they under designed the heat management of the system for real world applications.

Sony took the opposite track and over designed theirs. The fan may be loud and annoying when enclosed in a cabinet, but heat related failures are minimal. They also learned from the early versions of the PS2 where there was a high rate of failure with the laser alignment (that's what the earlier mentioned lawsuit was about).

mlb 08 the show

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)